“Very good Thai food”

Cuisines: Thai
Portland, Oregon
“Very good Thai food”
Reviewed March 13, 2013

Can't speak to the atmosphere or service, because we always get take-out here when visiting my daughter in HMB. But I can say that the food we've had (at least a dozen different dishes on several different occasions) has always been very good. Conveniently located in town for take-out.

• Visited November 2012

Los Gatos, California
“Take out”
Reviewed February 25, 2013

The food was very good and the server was very friendly. Gave me hot tea while I waited for food to be ready. I would definitely go back when I visit Half Moon Bay again.

Visited February 2013
Fremont, California
“Food good - service OK”
Reviewed January 12, 2013

I would have given it five stars if not for the service. Perhaps we were there on the wrong night. I recommend this place for the food.

Visited August 2012
Brooklyn, New York
“Decent food, will satisfy your cravings”
Reviewed October 20, 2012

We were on a road trip and craved some spice and Asian flavors. We first tried to go to an Indian restaurant but it was closed, so we settled on Bangkok House.
Having been to Thailand and also managed to find the best Thai food available in NYC, I must confess to being a bit of a snob. Food at Bangkok house is definitely not authentic, but it's decent as it's own thing, just like no one really considers General Tso's chicken in the typical Chinese take-out 'real' Chinese food, but one can enjoy it nonetheless.
We ordered the pork laab, which had a nice kick, but not as acidic as we normally like (w/ lots of lime), and the Tom Yum soup was a bit odd since it was quite sweet. The green curry was also not spicy at all and instead a bit sweet and the sauce very thick.

Service was fine, although one of the servers seemed over-zealous in wanting to fill up our glasses even when they were full most of the time.
If Bangkok House were in New York, we would definitely not return to it, it ranks somewhere in the middle amongst the many mediocre Thai restaurants in the city. But since we were on the road for so long, we were appreciative of this restaurant at Half Moon Bay as an alternative to the other options, and it satisfied our cravings for Asian flavors.

Visited October 2012
Boone, North Carolina
“Excellent”
Reviewed July 17, 2012

Great service and very good food. My family had never tried Thai food. During our stay at Half Moon Bay we ate at this restaurant. Everything was great. Try the sticky rice with mango for desert.

Visited July 2012