“Excellent service, fresh delicious food” 5 of 5 bubbles

Cuisines: Asian, Thai
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Seating, Takeout, Waitstaff
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Seating, Takeout, Waitstaff
Portland, Oregon
“Excellent service, fresh delicious food”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 9, 2012

I have been to Bangkok House a few times and have always enjoyed the food, service and atmosphere.
The restaurant has made a few changes since I was in last time, crisp white table clothes are a nice touch and they printed new menus.

I have not been to Thailand so I don't know if the food is authentic, but it is always very fresh tasting. We ordered the Green Papaya Salad (Som Tam), Fresh Spring Rolls (Po Pai Sod) and Vegetarian Pad Thai, and Coconut soup with mushroom and galanga (Tom Kha).

The Som Tam was fresh and delicious, it was also quite spicy which I really like. The Po Pai Sod was very good the tofu was crispy on the outside so it had a nice texture, the Pad Thai was also very good, I only tried a small taste of the Tom Kha because it was not vegan but is was lovely. There was a couple of sizable pieces of galanga in it and we munched on those as we finished our meal. We also ordered the fried banana desert with coconut ice cream,

Service at Bangkok House is very good, super friendly and they never rush you. The specials are described in detail with enthusiasm that made me want to order them even though they weren't vegan! I also really like the decor.
I am going back next time with my BF I think he will really like the food atmosphere and service too.

• Visited February 2012
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank WanderlustSal

Half Moon Bay, California
“Great Thai food and friendly service”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 15, 2011

I really should order something else, but the Pad Thai and Drunken Noodles are too good! I have tried other things on the menu, and they're all good - but the Pad Thai is too scrumptious. Prices are reasonable and the service is prompt [sure they get busy, but at it's worst, it's still very good]. Tucked off Main Street, but worth finding.

• Visited November 2011
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank HMBSusan
“Authentic and delicious!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 28, 2011

My husband lived in Thailand and he is very picky about the Thai restaurants we go to. This is his favorite in the Bay Area! The owner is very friendly and always remembers us (we go to Bangkok House once a week). It's a little off the beaten path (behind HMB Coffee), but a must if you love Thai food.

• Visited August 2011
3 Thank AKS01223
Half Moon Bay, California
“Tasty, reasonably priced, good service”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 6, 2011

I live in half moon bay and have been here 4 times and get great food each time!

Visited December 2010
3 Thank Matt1010
Half Moon Bay
“Mediocre food, rude service”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 30, 2010

I live in Half Moon Bay and have tried to like this local Thai restaurant. After several attempts I've given up. My experience is that the food is consistently bland, while the service is slow and often quite rude. The servers there seem to look down on their customers, as though scruffs like, well, me, aren't good enough for their establishment. Always an odd attitude for a service business, but even more out of place considering how ho-hum the food is. I'm not going to go any more. A shame, because a quality local Thai place would see a lot of me.