Beach House at Half Moon Bay
$849
RitzCarlton.com
  • Pool
  • Beachfront
Comfort Inn Half Moon Bay(Half Moon Bay)(Great Value!)
$135
ComfortInn
Half Moon Bay Lodge(Half Moon Bay)(Great Value!)
$246
$219
Official Site
$200
Oceano Hotel & Spa Half Moon Bay(Half Moon Bay)(Great Value!)
$259
Harbor View Inn(Half Moon Bay)
$189
$161
Coastside Inn(Half Moon Bay)
$159
Orbitz.com
$149
$122
$119
No availability for your dates from our partners
  • Fitness center
All reviewssam's chowder housefog horncontinental breakfastjunior suitestove topocean viewmini kitchenbagelswine and cheese receptionpool and hot tubliving areasmall kitchenetteget awaythird floorfresh fruitno air conditioningwalking path
A TripAdvisor Member
San Francisco Bay Area
Reviewed February 5, 2006

We stayed at the Beach House to celebrate our anniversary, which I noted when I made the reservation. When we arrived, we discovered a nice surprise - the hotel had upgraded us for free to an ocean view room that was fantastic. The hotel staff was very friendly and professional throughout the process of making a reservation and our eventually checking out.

The hotel is right above a bike path, so you can walk to the beach in a minute, watch surfers or go on a bike ride. Within a leisurely walk of a few minutes you can get to several restaurants and the Half Moon Bay Brewing Company (highly recommended). Suffice it to say that the location is great.

Our room had a raised bedroom area and then a dividing 1/2 wall between that and the sitting area. It included a small stove, dorm fridge, microwave, cabinets, plates/utensils, basically everything you'd need if you wanted to eat in. Couch in the sitting area had a fold out bed, so if you were traveling with a couple of small kids they could sleep there, although again, there's only a 1/2 wall between you and them. There's also a fireplace, which is why at least one of the reviews on this website complained about the room smelling smoky - gee, go figure! How many hotels offer all this right on the beach with a fireplace in your room?

We had a patio with chairs and a table and there are hedges separating you from the patios for rooms next door, offering reasonable privacy. The view from the patio of the harbor and ocean was unbelievable!

Complimentary wine and cheese was served late in the afternoon and great coffee, fresh fruit and pastries were served each morning.

I'm not one to want to spend much money on a hotel room, especially since I'm usually out and about seeing the sites, rather than spending time in the room. And, granted, the Beach House gave us a free upgrade, but when you compare the value for your money against other hotels, this place is worth the money and we'll be back.

I've never written one of these reviews before, but I believe in rewarding good service. I also believe in telling others of my experiences good and bad when it comes to spending money. I've already recommended the Beach House to a relative and this hotel merits my referrals.

• Stayed: February 2006
12  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed February 5, 2006

Just wanted to add my raves to everyone elses regarding the Beach House Inn. My husband and I stayed in one of the penthouse suites and had a hard time pulling ourselves away from the balcony and the incredible view....among the best i've seen on the west coast. Even if ocean views and sunsets are not your thing, you'll probably enjoy watching the surfers and sailboats. The room could not have been more comfortable...I even liked the bed pillows, which never happens. We were able to easily walk to our favorite restaurant, the Half Moon Bay Brewery, on the scenic path that runs just below our room. I did see that someone on this site complained about the noise from the nearby highway and I just wanted to say that if you get a room on the oceanside of the hotel, you'll feel like you're miles away from any traffic. We stayed for only one night, but the room is so spacious and lovely, we could've easily stayed for days.

Stayed: February 2006
8  Thank Donnamil
Reviewed January 5, 2006

The Beach House is my cure for a stress-filled life! We have stayed there before and loved it, so decided this would be a perfect way to unwind after Christmas. As usual, it worked. We arrived right before Northern California was hit with a big storm so the weather was exciting. Sitting on our lovely patio (I highly recommend the first floor lofts for their patios)we watched the huge waves break and the kite surfers have the time of their lives while listening to our favorite CDs on the stereo in our room. We made hot chocolate on the stove and lit a fire in the fireplace and didn't want to leave! During a break in the weather I walked along the boardwalk in front of the inn while my husband and son enjoyed watching the waves some more from the hot tub. Our stay was perfect as it always is. We love the spacious rooms and the view can't be beat. Our only issue (our refrigerator didn't work in our first loft) was resolved immediately with a smile and apology from the front desk staff. My only complaint was that I had to leave the Beach House and return home and back to reality.

9  Thank allisonhnewport
Reviewed December 28, 2005

This was the most amazing place I have ever stayed. The room was fantastic and the view spectacular...and my room was only a partial ocean view! I would highly recommend this place, especially for a romantic getaway. It has everything you could ever need, great Avenda toiletries, a refrigerator, microwave, dishes/glasses/utensils, a CD player, 2 tvs, and a fireplace! The staff is very helpful and friendly. I can't believe this place has only a 3 star rating, because it certainly deserves more. I only wish I could afford to stay here more often.

• Stayed: October 2005
7  Thank suz48
A TripAdvisor Member
Hayward, CA
Reviewed October 26, 2005

My best friend and I were both preparing our minds for major surgery and decided we needed to spend a quiet weekend away from home before our hospital stays.

We reserved a penthouse suite and thoroghly enjoyed every minute there. We brought some food and snacked in our room to the sounds of our favorite CDs on the full room stereo system. We toasted drinks on the lanai as we watched a beautiful red sunset.

Later we thought we'd try the Ritz Carlton at Half Moon Bay. What a rip-off!! We got a small room, not especially nice looking, to the tune of over $500/night! We reserved an ocean view which turned out to be partially blocked by an adjoining building. I hurriedly phoned the Beach House (I'd already programmed it into my cell phone) and asked if they had a room available. Thank goodness they did and we spent a joyful weekend at our new favorite place. Service - excellent. Staff assistance - wonderful.
Beach House at Half Moon Bay ~ A piece of heaven on earth.

• Stayed: April 2004