Beach House at Half Moon Bay
Comfort Inn Half Moon Bay(Half Moon Bay)(Great Value!)
$185
$135
Savings alert! 12% below average rates

The price you found is 12% lower than this hotel's average rate of $153/night.

$974
$899
RitzCarlton.com
  • Pool
  • Beachfront
Free cancellation until 05/31
$200
Half Moon Bay Lodge(Half Moon Bay)(Great Value!)
$233
$215
Orbitz.com
Harbor View Inn(Half Moon Bay)
Free cancellation until 06/01
$189
$156
Oceano Hotel & Spa Half Moon Bay(Half Moon Bay)(Great Value!)
$259
$221
Groupon.com
Coastside Inn(Half Moon Bay)
$159
Book now, pay at stay
$122
$119
Savings alert! 26% below average rates

The price you found is 26% lower than this hotel's average rate of $160/night.

No availability for your dates from our partners
  • Fitness center
All reviewssam's chowder housefog horncontinental breakfastjunior suitestove topocean viewmini kitchenbagelswine and cheese receptionpool and hot tubliving areasmall kitchenetteget awaythird floorfresh fruitno air conditioningwalking path
Reviewed March 31, 2013

Recently spent three nights at the Beach House at Half Moon Bay with my husband and two teenagers. We had a great time, and I highly recommend this establishment. We stayed in a third floor (what they call penthouse) junior suite. King bed, plus a queen pull out sofa. The location is nice - very quiet but still within walking distance of restaurants and a few shops. The views are amazing - must get ocean/bay rooms. Worth the extra $$$.

Some reviewers complained about the fog horn, but honestly when you close your windows/doors you don't hear it. One thing that might bother some is there is no air conditioning in the units. Granted in late March there is no need, but it might get uncomfortable in the hotter months if you are on the third floor.

Our room had a nice size refrigerator, two cooktop units, and a microwave. It was nice to be able to reheat leftovers from dinner for the next day snacking. The rooms were well appointed and clean.

Their breakfast consists of breads, fruits and juice. If you are looking for protein, there are a few places to walk for breakfast.

One small complaint regarding their wine tasting hour on Friday and Saturday. My husband arrived at 5:40, just 10 minutes after beginning time, and they were already out of most of the wine. He was told when the wine is gone, it is gone. With the price you pay per night, they really should plan their wine supply better, considering the hotel was sold out during our stay.

There is also a small heated pool that looked clean and comfortable. There is also beach access right from the property.

All in all a very nice hotel with enough good things going for it to come back to.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank lvshack
Beach-House_10, Front Office Manager at Beach House at Half Moon Bay, responded to this reviewResponded May 21, 2013

Thank you for the detailed account of your stay. We are happy to hear that you enjoyed our stay and the property. We apologize that when you came down to our wine reception that we were low on the wine presented. I apologize for the miscommunication about the wine hour. We do serve it from 5:30 to 6:30 on Friday and Saturday evenings. Thank you for bringing your experience to my attention, and I will be sure to address it. Thank you for mentioning the amenities in the room and on property. We look forward to seeing you again.

Reviewed March 30, 2013

We came back for a 3 day getaway and couldn't have enjoyed more. Rooms are clean and comfortable. Staff was once again very friendly and helpful. Beach walks are steps away. Numerous restaurants within minutes, some walking distance. Half Moon Bay 5 minute drive, cozy little town, shops and restaurants. Great for special occasion getaways. Will be back.

Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
Beach-House_10, Front Office Manager at Beach House at Half Moon Bay, responded to this reviewResponded April 23, 2013

We are so glad you had an enjoyable and comfortable stay with us. Thank you for your comments regarding the friendliness of our staff. We are also glad you enjoyed the area (thank you for mentioning nearby restaurants and the quaintness of the town for our future guests).

We look forward to seeing you again on your next trip to Half Moon Bay!

Reviewed March 27, 2013

We stayed in this hotel for one night, and overall enjoyed the experience. We had a huge room, but felt that it was quite basically furnished - the bathroom especially was very plain. For the price that we paid for this room I think we were expecting a little more luxury, but nevertheless it was comfortable and clean enough. The Aveda products in the bathroom were a really nice touch and the reception staff were friendly.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank serap

We are glad that you enjoyed your stay here at the Beach House. Thank you for your kind comments regarding our staff and the amenities in the rooms. We regularly update the décor in hotel and guest rooms, and we apologize if our hotel décor was not to your taste. We also appreciate your comments regarding the comfort and cleanliness of our rooms. We hope to see you again on our next trip to Half Moon Bay.

Reviewed March 26, 2013

Came here to celebrate hubby's Birthday, booked the Seaside Escape Package,Very, Very clean room, great ocean view, enjoyed the cheese/wine recep. staff for the most part was friendly. Definately coming back. ONLY reason I did not give 5 Stars: upon check in, I felt that the young lady that helped me was rude, she gave me the keys and an envelope, but didn't bother to show us where our room was located or what was in the envelope that she handed to me (it contained a compliment dinner at Sams, which was great!). I had to ask where our room was located, and got a rude resonse. She had no problem showing & explaining to couple before me where there room was located & explaining about info in envelope, who knows, maybe I just caught in her a bad time. Hopefully next time I will get someone more pleasant.

Room Tip: Ocean View rooms in the middle and left corner have great views.
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Maria M

Thank you for your review. We are glad you enjoyed your stay and your meal at Sam's Chowder House. It is such a treat for us to have such a great restaurant so close by. I am sorry to hear about your experience upon your check-in. We strive for excellent service to our guests, and we apologize if we fell short. Thank you for bringing this to our attention. We hope you will come back and see us again sometime very soon.

Reviewed March 24, 2013

The many fine reviews on trip advisor are true about the many charms of this marvelously situated hotel. I should have spent some time digging into the less stellar reviews myself before pulling the trigger and booking a weekend here. I did not and I suffered for it because the hotel has a well known design flaw: during certain conditions smoke enters the rooms from other fireplaces choking the occupants.

Our first night was fine but the second night we came back from our event at midnight to find our room incredibly smoky. The front desk told us to light the fire in our fireplace to create an updraft and reduce the ingress of smoke. Opening the widows did no good as some kind of inversion and no wind outside meant more smoke would just come in. The fireplace solution worked until I woke up having difficulty breathing around 3:30 am when the log burned itself out, thus creating a bunch of smoke in the room. Then I tried using the fan to counteract the fireplace.

I finally had to go sit out in the parking lot at 4am to catch my breath. Around 5:30 am with a little wind outside and the fires all out in all the fireplaces, I had aired the room out enough to get a little sleep from about 6 to 8 am.

Upon checkout we were offered 50 dollars.

One night of no sleep, fighting an asthma attack all night, sitting in a parking lot at 4am for 250 dollars a night.

This goes down as one of the worst hotel experiences of my life. The only reason they get two stars is because the property location. But the main job of a beach hotel is to provide a relaxing experience and clean air is on the top of my list. So, if you don't care about breathing I highly recommend this hotel.

Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
5  Thank Jon M

We greatly apologize for the experience you had with the smoke in your room. I am sure that the Front Desk you saw in the morning was not fully aware of the intensity of your situation, and I apologize for the unpleasantness during your stay and that you did not get any sleep. We have since remedied this issue, and we have not had another occurrence since. Thank you for taking the time to write this review and bringing it to our attention.