My husband and I stayed here two nights. It's billed as a three star hotel, and I would agree with this assessment, except the price is much higher than what you would pay in a typical thee star. You are paying for the location and the views.
First, the pros:
- Room was fairly spacious and clean
- Lovely Aveda amenities, which is definitely step up from a typical three star
- Beautiful views (we had a partial view of the ocean)
- Room was well laid out with a sitting room, fireplace and separate bed area (but no walls)
- Staff were efficient
- Grounds were well-maintained and pretty
- As others have mentioned, there's a fog horn that goes off every 5-10 seconds, day and night. This isn't the hotel's fault, but you may want to keep this in mind, as some people find it difficult to block out. They do provide ear plugs in the room as a courtesy.
- We had a fan but the room got rather hot and stuffy at night. Due to the fog horn and road noise, we didn't open the window. No air conditioning but there is a fan provided.
- Mattress was a little lumpy -- not terrible, but not my best night's sleep either.
- While well laid-out, the room looks a bit dated and could use some minor renovations.
We had few interactions with staff - they were efficient and courteous but not overly friendly.
Overall, we enjoyed our stay at the Beach House Hotel but I'm not convinced it was worth the price - nothing particularly stood out as amazing (except the views), and when you're paying four star prices, you expect a bit more for your money.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Reminiscent of a private Nantucket summer home, the Beach House Hotel Half Moon Bay offers spectacular views of the Pacific Ocean and Pillar Point Harbor. Just 25 miles south of San Francisco, the hotel features 54 spacious loft suites providing the perfect romantic getaway or retreat for the entire family. Each guest receives complimentary high speed internet access, full continental breakfast and parking. Take advantage of the heated outdoor pool and Jacuzzi overlooking the Pacific. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, TravelClick, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Orbitz, Hotwire, Cancelon and TripOnline SA so you can book your Beach House at Half Moon Bay reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Beach House At Half Moon Bay Hotel Half Moon Bay
- Beach Hotel Half Moon Bay
- Beach Half Moon Bay
- Beach House Half Moon Bay