“half moon bay lodge”

Half Moon Bay Lodge
Ranked #4 of 8 Hotels in Half Moon Bay
Reviewed March 7, 2014

stayed at the half moon bay lodge on a business trip... this was my first time ever in ca bed were very comfortable location was excellent staff were very polite...i have no problem of saying i would recommend this resort....if i ever come back to ca i will stay here again.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled on business
1  Thank nyffemt

Reviewed March 6, 2014 via mobile

Love the grounds of Half Moon Bay Lodge - a hacienda feel. The Spa and pool are great. Breakfast is more than sufficient. The beds are quite comfortable. It was a perfectly relaxing and wonderful stay. Can't wait to return.

• Stayed: March 2014
Reviewed March 4, 2014

I would definitely feel okay about recommending this hotel. The room we had was spacious and we enjoyed the fireplace. The continental breakfast was nice as well, more than just the typical pastries and dry cereal. There were lots of lovely touches in the way of flowers and greenery. We were able to walk to the ocean from the property. There is a nice restaurant with good food and super nice staff in the parking lot basically and we ordered dinner from them both nights of our stay. The let downs were the TV not showing clear, the cable channels came in fuzzy during our entire stay, the staff wasn't always the nicest, I got the feeling I was bothering them sometimes, and although it is adjacent to a golf course there really aren't grounds that you can walk along to enjoy the view.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple
2  Thank RCMom
Reviewed February 22, 2014

I stayed here with my 2 children. Pleasantly surprised how nice the rooms were (we had a remodeled room).

The front desk staff at check in & check out was very rude & unfriendly.

Request a second floor room as we were awaken at 6am by the heavy footsteps of the person staying above us. No sound proofing between the floors.

• Stayed: February 2014
4  Thank Shishichi
Keith W, General Manager at Half Moon Bay Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded February 24, 2014

Thank you for your review and for your recent visit. I am delighted to learn that our accommodations exceeded your expectations, but I am disappointed that you found the friendliness of our front desk staff did not. Please be assured that our staff has been made aware of your experience , and we are committed to creating an experience that exceeds your expectations in every way. If you will contact me, I promise to resolve your concerns to your full satisfaction.

Keith Wesselmann
650.726.9000

Reviewed February 21, 2014 via mobile

This hotel is really, really nice. The price is right too! We paid around $100/night, which is really reasonable given the location & the fact that the Maverick surf competition was on that week. The room was very large, had a balcony, & a mini-fridge. The color scheme was nice too. The huge plus was the extensive breakfast offerings. Very impressed. And the coffee was good enough to wake me up.

I would like to give the hotel 5 stars but I can't because of the heater. I couldn't find a way to control the temperature adequately so I froze. The heater kicked on & off the 3 nights we were there - which woke me up. And I froze. I'm prone to being cold if the temperature is below 80F but regardless, I should have been able to adjust the heating to my comfort level. Perhaps if they have to install a new system, they will select systems similar to other major hotels.

I still really enjoyed this hotel & recommend it.

Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple
2  Thank SweetHopfrog
Reviewed February 19, 2014

As we were there for Valentines Day & the Family Week end, this accommodation fits both categories. We were travelling to reunite a sweet small Doggie with our Son & Daughter. This Lodge accommodates Pets and shows appreciation for honest, responsible pet owners. The large King Suite with living room was such a good fit for our needs. The separate bedroom with large screen TV was a big plus for us.
Our balcony was double the length of most with a view of the golf course & lake.
The breakfast room was warm & welcoming & well stocked considering it was a self serve.
And there was a good variety of choices to eat. All food groups, both hot & cold.
So clean & well cared for. I appreciated the heated tile floor in the bathroom, just like home.
Location is just a drive away from the Ocean so make sure to take the drive. so amazing!

Room Tip: We chose the King suite for our family to gather as it has a living room and a separate bedroom.