We needed a quick overnight stop on our way north on Highway 1. The hotel had decent reviews and a good price so we gave it a try.
Half Moon Bay Lodge was recently converted from a Best Western and it's obvious they are working hard to establish it as a premier property, (we passed a section of rooms being renovated and updated with new fixtures.) Friendly check-in staff provided fresh fruit, cookies, and restaurant recommendations. Since our room had a mini fridge but no freezer section they also took our cooler's cold pack to refreeze.
The room was large with a comfortable bed, large flat screen TV, and a deck that overlooked the golf course at the nearby Ritz Carlton. The morning breakfast was more than continental with scrambled eggs, sausage, custom waffles, and all the other usual suspects, i.e., cereal, breads, yogurt, & beverages.
The hotel is located just south of downtown and easy to reach by car.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Escape to Half Moon Bay, where you can brave the waves of Mavericks, explore our community of arts filled with jazz clubs and galleries, and indulge in sustainable cuisine at premier local eateries. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, DerbySoft Ltd Shanghai HQ, Expedia, Hotwire, Cheap Tickets, Hotels.com, Odigeo, Travelocity, Cancelon and Priceline so you can book your Half Moon Bay Lodge reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Best Western Plus Half Moon Bay Hotel Half Moon Bay
- Best Western Half Moon Bay
- Half Moon Bay Best Western