“Great place to stay in Half Moon Bay”

Half Moon Bay Lodge
Ranked #3 of 8 Hotels in Half Moon Bay
Livermore, California
“Great place to stay in Half Moon Bay”
Reviewed July 8, 2011

We recently stayed at the BW Half Moon Bay Lodge and absolutely loved it! The hotel is beautiful. The grounds are very well maintained, and the garden/golf course setting makes for a very relaxing stay. This is by far the best Best Western I have ever stayed, and we use BW quite a bit. The staff, from the front desk to maintaince to breakfast room, were friendly and helpful. Great location for exploring the San Mateo coast. The room was very nice. We absolutely loved the Lodge and plan to return again very soon!!

• Stayed June 2011, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (163)
Bayville, New York
Reviewed July 8, 2011

My husband and I really loved the accommodations at the BW Plus, Half Moon Bay Lodge. The staff was extremely friendly, courteous and professional. Our room was very comfortable and welcoming. We would rate our stay as "exceptional". Thank you for making our visit to Half Moon Bay so pleasant.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled as a couple
Sacramento, California
Reviewed July 3, 2011

The staff was very friendly and helpful. The room was large, clean, and comfortable. We had everything we needed. We enjoyed eating lunch on the patio enjoying the beautiful grounds. As we were eating they began mowing the lawn and trimming the hedges. One of the workers came over and apologized for the noise. We thought that was very kind of him even though it was not necessary. The landscaping was beautiful. We enjoyed eating our breakfast sitting around the outdoor fireplace. We also had a variety of breakfast choices. There was something for everyone. The facilities inside and out were lovely.

Rocklin, California
Reviewed July 3, 2011

My kids and I go to Half Moon Bay every year, several times a year. We know what we love there, and we LOVE the Half Moon Bay Lodge! The property is beautiful and well maintained and the staff has always been very warm and helpful. We love everything about this place, from the wonderful pool and jacuzzi, to the delicious free breakfast offered every morning, to the grassy area outside our patio that makes it convenient when bringing a service dog. I have tried two other hotels in Half Moon Bay and they were such a disappointment. The last time we stayed my car broke down 10 miles away from the hotel. The staff was able to recommend a nearby garage to get my car fixed, and had my room ready so I could drop my luggage off in the room en route to the garage. My children are 11 and 15 and would rather come to the Half Moon Bay Lodge any day over Disneyland! We LOVE this place and will continue to come back every single chance we get!!

Garner, North Carolina
Reviewed June 8, 2011

Perhaps my expectations were too high. We typically stay at Hampton Inns or Courtyard by Marriotts on family vacations. After reading the good review on Tripadvisor we decided to give Best Western in Half Moon Bay a shot. After killing three insects in the room during our first 10 minutes, it was reasonably clean. The décor was a little dated, especially the 1970’s style sliding patio door. The heat stopped working the first night, but the maintenance guy was there in five minutes and had in going in just minutes. When the person in the room next to ours decided to take a shower at 1:00 am, it sounded like a steam engine started up next door it was so loud. The breakfast was OK and the staff cordial. The rooms open to an exterior walkway which we did not expect. Owner/management does make attempts to decorate the place inside & out, but I just couldn’t get past the out-of-date feel. If you have low expectations or just want an OK place to stay for a night or two, this is the place for you.

Concord, California
Reviewed June 2, 2011

We realy liked the looked of the out side good locotion
very quite ,but we were on vacation an we wanted to use the hot tub
six in the morning ,we walked across the lawn which was a ways from any rooms
our key would not open the gate ,my husband went down the next morning to get
coffee ,he was meet with ,a clerk demanding his I-D in front of guests not cool
at all ,mind you breakfast was included ,I come down to explain that it wasnt cool what happened to my husband ,they we not good about it at all ,asked me to ,take my dog out ,as dogs were not allowed in reception area,I stood my ground ,I said I will be getting a cup of coffee before I leave with my dog on my hip not on the floort thats what I did an left. we did not have a good experiense at all,It looks good ,but the staff are not cool yes ,they could have gone around it another way ,I worked for the Marriott hotel for 15 years an this would never have happened on my shift or any other shift .We pay for breakfast,we pay to have our pet with us ,and we got brirated for both whats up with this picture.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled with family
1 Thank perks500
HalfMoonBayLodge_GM, General Manager at Half Moon Bay Lodge, responded to this review, June 9, 2011
Thank you for your feedback. Although I am disappointed that you felt the service did not meet your expectations, I would like to reassure you that we will not be satisfied until you are fully satisfied.

In fact, I guarantee every guest's full satisfaction. If we in any way fail to meet your expectations, please let us know. We will make it right.

Kurt Picillo
Reviewed May 31, 2011

We were so happy with this hotel! So comfortable and relaxing! Service was awesome too! We will definitely be back!

• Stayed May 2011