“Beautiful gardens and excellent inkeeper in Half Moon Bay” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Mill Rose Inn

Mill Rose Inn
Ranked #2 of 11 Half Moon Bay B&B and Inns
Sausalito, CA
“Beautiful gardens and excellent inkeeper in Half Moon Bay”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 10, 2009

My husband and I thoroughly enjoyed this lovely B&B. Terry, the innkeeper, has thought of everything you could possibly want. We especially loved the evening jacuzzi in the gazebo, the absolutely stunning gardens, and gourmet breakfast. Kudos!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (33)
Oakland, CA
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 20, 2009

Beautiful setting, fantastic garden, opulent room. Hot tub available privately. Terry, our host, anticipated our every need. Lots of amenities including brandy, sherry, cheese plates, soft drinks and best of all homemade cookies and cakes. A delicious breakfast was served in a elegant dining room. Hundreds of DVD's available too.
Just no negatives to say about this inn - we loved it!
D.B. & T.M.
Oakland, CA.

• Stayed August 2009, traveled as a couple
Missouri
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 10, 2009

I stay in the San Fran area, usually close to the airport, every other month or so. I'm tired of hotel rooms that look the same whether you're in San Fran or St. Louis so I decided to try Mill Rose Inn in Half Moon Bay. I'm so glad I did! The area is beautiful---an abundance of blooming flowers! It is a 20 minute drive south from the airport so it's very convenient and much less of a hassle than going into the city. There are great little restaurants and gallery shops to browse through, all in walking distance of the Inn. And, the beach is a short drive away and is gorgeous!
The Inn keeper has thought of everything. He has movies to watch, tea and coffee bar and cookies and cake for dessert, wine and cheese and fruit when you arrive, robes and flipflops for the hot tub, and wifi for working. He also made a fabulous recommendation for dinner and made the reservation for me. And, breakfast was incredible!
I strongly recommend Mill Rose Inn in Half Moon Bay for business travelers or for couples looking for a romantic getaway.

• Stayed August 2009, traveled on business
Sacramento
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 3, 2009

I did not want to go home. We were spoiled in every way possible. I felt like royalty; a queen for two days! The gardens and flowers are spectacular. The comfort is unbelievable. The beautiful rooms are breathtaking. The food is scrumptious. There is every amenity you can think of...you lack for nothing. The hosts/owners are gracious and attentive. This Bed & Breakfast is a FEAST for your eyes. You will not soon forget its charm and beauty. The antiques and bed linens are awesome. I cannot say enough about this wonderful B&B in Half Moon Bay. My husband and I will be regulars...at least twice a year!!

• Stayed July 2009, traveled as a couple
San Francisco
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 8, 2009

I was surprised on my anniversary my a trip to Half Moon Bay and a stay at The Mill Rose Inn. Trust me, he won big points for this one! From the moment we arrived, we felt like honored guests, from the personal tour of the facilities and our room, to the personalized welcome note. The innkeepers make you feel as if it is their desire to take care of you - bringing you whatever you would like. I especially enjoyed the dessert table which we could come to at any time to bring treats to our room, and their extensive collections of movies to borrow and bring to your room. There was also a private spa where couples could sign up so that you don't have to worry about being disturbed in the hot tub. Overall, the location was perfect - close to downtown but quiet and the room was adorable. Decorated ornately and romantically with a perfect charm. The bed was extremely comfortable and the room was adequate size. In the morning, the delicious homemade breakfast was delivered to our room in courses, and it was the perfect end to a weekend of no worries.

• Stayed March 2009, traveled as a couple
Modesto
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 28, 2009

A couple of years ago I reserved a room at the Mill Rose Inn for a surprise birthday gift for my “boyfriend”…that sounds so silly calling him my boyfriend at almost 60 yrs old! We had not seen each other for almost 40 years and were just getting to know each other again…what a romantic place I chose! My guy loves flowers…growing, giving, or just viewing and he really enjoys old fashioned places. This one was so special and from the moment we drove up I knew I had made the perfect choice.

Terry and Eve both greeted us with birthday wishes for my guy and congrats on our newly rekindled love (my earlier emails explaining my hopes for a spectacularly romantic stay were understood)…and with that Terry gave us a wonderful tour of the grounds and finally up to our room…the top floor where the small corner table allows for viewing out windows overlooking the amazing flowers, a nearby meadow, and misty mountains in the distance.

Since that first night at the Mill Rose Inn we’ve returned for two more wonderful visits. The first evening we dined at Pasta Moon, a short walk away. The other two dinners have been at the Miramar just 10 minutes up the highway…we highly recommend this place but be sure to call ahead and reserve a table at the windows, and find out ahead of time when the sun sets…you won’t believe your eyes!

Breakfast in the morning is incredible! Terry always asks when we arrive if there are any food restrictions, needs, wants, whatever, and asks if we would like breakfast delivered…we always do and we have not been disappointed with both the quality of the interesting breakfasts, and the quantity!

Each time we return we find something new to enjoy…whether it’s the huge pumpkins that line the outer edges of the beautifully kept gardens, or the transformation into a Christmas wonderland, or the …well, you get the idea, this place just takes our breath away with the flowers, the lights, the food…and the ambience.

We highly recommend the Mill Rose Inn for anyone wanting a beautiful fantasy away from the real world…it’s definitely floral, it’s a bit frilly, but it’s oh, sooooo romantic!

• Liked — Everything!
  • Disliked — Hmmm, can't think of anything we didn't love about the place!
  • Stayed November 2008, traveled as a couple
      Check in / front desk
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
      Business service (e.g., internet access)
Atlanta, Georgia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 23, 2009

Although I have been a Trip Advisor "user" for 5 years now - this is my first review with others to come - now that I have all my notes in front of me.

What a wonderful place to stay - even though it was foggy on the outside every morning - it was sunny on the inside.

We loved this place and every time we come back to the Bay Area we will definitely spend our quality time with them.

• Liked — The distance to everything was short and a great location for views
  • Disliked — All perfect
  • Stayed August 2007, traveled as a couple