“Worth the wait!”

Good for: Bar scene, Local cuisine, Special occasions, Families with children
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Hwy. 1
Description: Half Moon Bay Brewing Company is a warm oceanfront restaurant and brew pub at Pillar Point Harbor in Princeton-by-the-Sea Calif., four miles north of Half Moon Bay and 30 miles south of San Francisco.
Reviewed January 3, 2014

Have been here several times,most recently in December after picking up family at the airport. There is always a wait but it goes quickly and there are great views while having one of their many beers. Seafood is fresh and servings are generous! Servers are pleasant and willing to please. Atmosphere is casual with lots of smiles all around. One of our favorite Half Moon Bay eateries!

Reviewed January 3, 2014

We chose this because it seemed like easy choice for a family. Also, I didn't feel like waiting too long to be seated, which would've been the case at the other places. HBB is located in a cluster of other restaurants, so you can take our pick. Here, we were served quickly. The server was friendly. We for fried calamari that was clearly fresh, not gummy at all and not greasy. I had fish tacos. The slaw was delicious and fish was battered crisply, but I did not care for the beans and rice at all. The food was fresh and decent, but nothing too special, just as expected for this establishment. The decor seemed tired, but I didn't mind. There were dried flowers in beer bottle "vases," which seems like a decor strategy of the past.

Reviewed January 3, 2014

High level of noise and "brilliant" hostess seated us old folks in a room with two groups of 6, with many unruly children. she should have known better, and there where other tables open. Food was nothing to write home about and beer was beer. Better choices available in area

Reviewed December 18, 2013

Stopped for early dinner after hiking and birding. Staff was very nice. I ordered the fish tacos, and although they were good, I have had better. One of my friends had the Brussel Sprout Salad. She loved it and would order it again. Also, I had their G Mav Cabernet. I took that info from the bill, because I could not recall the actual name of the wine. It was OK. Maybe, since it is a brewing company, I should have had beer. My mistake. Too chilly to be outside on patio. When I visit CA I want great fish, and this was at the harbor, so I expected great.

1  Thank ABHIL
Reviewed December 12, 2013

My husband and I dined in the bar so that we could watch football during lunch. We ended up getting the best table right in front of the large screen TV. The beers were tasty and the fish tacos were excellent. We will definitely keep this in mind for future trips to the area.