“Bitter Park” 1 of 5 bubbles
Review of Pelican Point RV Park

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Half Moon Bay
Pelican Point RV Park
San Jose, California
“Bitter Park”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 15, 2010

I am with a camping group, and made reservations a year in advance. Although, I didn't experience any issues, I witnessed several of my friends going through it. We are a pretty quiet group, and have been camping here for many years. The staff was the most ruddiest people we have ever met. We even had club members drive in for the day, one family they charged, $8.00 and the next was $3.00. Bother were there for the same amount of time. We were not sure what that was all about. A few of went to the Ritz Carlton for the day, we were treated so much better. Management offered a magnum of wine to the group to help ease the pain that most went through! Opened the cork, it was vinegar! It is really too bad, they could have a lot more business if they were friendly. I won't recommend this park to any of my friends. Perhaps, that is why they weren't full during the Mavericks? Who knows.. But you just don't treat people rudely. Even the HMB state park treats people better then this park treated us. We won't be going back.

• Stayed February 2010, traveled with family
3 Thank sle1234

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
sf bay area
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 14, 2010

We belong to a local RV Club and the group, as well as many of us on our own, have stayed at Pelican Point over many years. What a surprise it was to encounter a very rude check in clerk and manager when we arrived this past Saturday before the 1 pm check in time. Although most of the club had arrived the day before, and our spots were nestled among our group and empty, we had to park our motorhome out by highway 1 until 1 pm. We were told this very rudely and management would not continue a civil discussion. Know that these group reservations were made one year in advance with a deposit to hold our sites. We let them know that our club would no longer book our group there next year. Management said it didn't care since the park would be demolished in three years and replaced by a hotel or condos. They didn't need our business anymore. We had hoped that management would be a bit more accommodating to keep it's customers happy knowing that they will only be in business for a few more years. I can no longer recommend this park to anyone.

• Stayed January 2010
      Sleep Quality
3 Thank kwajite

Travelers are raving about these Half Moon Bay hotels

California
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 14, 2010

Our group of friends used to stay here every year. However, this year it was a disaster. Apparently, the part was sold and is under new management. My group of friends and I all had reservations. One rig came in at 10:30 am and I came in at 12:00noon . We all had to park our rigs across Highway 1 on the side of a public street and have another friend come and pick us up and drive us back to the park to wait until 1:00 p.m. when we could actually drive into the park and set up in our spaces. Now these spaces were empty, mind you, since they were reserved for us. However, they said, "The rules are that check in is at 1:00 p.m., no exceptions. They were very rude. So we waited. Then at 1:00, we had our friend drive us back to our rigs so that we could drive our own rigs into the park. I even had to leave my cat in my rig for an hour while it was parked on the public street. Another friend had a member of management come out of his house and yell at him. I would never recommend this park to anyone any more. I was told by someone else that these people bought the park and plan to sell it as real estate to contractors who want to build condos or hotels. They don't care about customer service or courtesy. Just awful!

• Stayed February 2010, traveled with friends
      Sleep Quality
      Rooms
2 Thank GiantSequoias
Sf Bay Area
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 3, 2009

We are a local RV rental outlet and serve incoming customers form all over the country and world. We have recieved consistant complaints from every tourist we have sent to Pelican point to where it is now excessive and something needs to be said.
The complaint has been the excessively hostile environment .
We have taken Pelicon Point off our reccomendation list

• Stayed July 2009, traveled as a couple
      Rooms
6 Thank tripc00rdinat0r
Sacramento
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 15, 2009

I was very nervous to stay here because of the reviews I read, but a friend insisted it would be fine. IT WAS GREAT! Not only were we greated warmly by the managers, they helped us back in and made sure we were all settled. They waved a friendly hello everytime we passed by. I didn't hear one incident of yelling. And I appreciate not being awakened late at night by someone backing in next to us because they were late. The beach was fabulous, and the views were great. It was clean and quiet. I have teenage boys and they had a great time there too. I will definitly go back.

• Stayed June 2009, traveled with family
2 Thank SacramentoFamfun
Tracy, CA
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 24, 2009

This park is CLEAN and QUIET. we have been camping here 5 times before. I have never had any issues with the management. I enjoy the rule about "No Late Checkin", there is nothing worse then to be asleep at 11:00 and hearing a rig pull into a spot next to you waking up all. They work hard to keep the place clean.

This is no KOA so make sure you bring plenty to entertain your family.

I have never had any issues with the management. They even helped us back up our trailor into our spot. I am planning more tripr this summer with our larger trailor and look forward to this summer.

• Stayed June 2008, traveled with family
2 Thank ChaosPup
ca
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 26, 2009

We've been to this park about 6 times now and every single time we
go there's been some trouble of some sort with the manager. He's always
screaming at somebody or fighting with someone or threatening someone. I'm amazed he still has a job there. We talked to some people
that are regulars and they said he's always like that and they've just learned to ignore it. They also said he's well known all over Half Moon Bay as a hothead and on the internet as the golf cart guy. We were shocked to say the least. We're never going back, we don't want to be around such a miserable person. I'm embarrassed for him. We feel sorry for the owners that have somebody like that running their business.

• Stayed February 2009, traveled as a couple