“Loved it and will Return!”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Half Moon Bay
Pelican Point RV Park
Ceres, California
“Loved it and will Return!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 20, 2013

Maiden voyage in our brand new fifth wheel and we couldn't have picked a better place...was weary after reading reviews on the tripadvisor site, but we are so glad that we came here. First, for us, it is only a 2 hr drive to this coastal rv park, and although it is not ocean front, from our site (#54) we could see the ocean. 2nd... the lady that checked us in could not have been more helpful! My husband mentioned that this was our first time and she personally helped him with perfect directions on how to back in our rig!!! (supposedly a 35'9", but when she measured, it came up 37'). 3rd, when we could not get our tv reception thru the cable, she sent her husband right over to come check our site's cable which was fine, so we knew it had to be something with our rig. After asking permission to enter our rig, he helped us figure it out!

Most of the sites allow you to park your vehicle right next to your rig, but also offer overflow parking onsite.
You are right next to the beautiful Half Moon Bay Ritz Carlton and Golf Course and a 3-5 min walk to the beach/ocean.

After dinner, we liked walking over to the Ritz Carlton for enjoying cocktails while watching the sunset at their outdoor fire pits.
We will definitely return!

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
5 Thank m0welsh

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 3, 2013

I read reviews about this park and was astonished that people complained about quietness and rules. We loved it here. It was so peaceful and so close to the beach. If you want to party, don't come here. If you want peace and quiet, this is the place for you. The only downside? No firepit for smores.

• Stayed July 2013
5 Thank luvs2travelRVer
Haifa, Israel
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 26, 2013

we made a reservation at pelican rv park. they have allot of rools but we say "may be for that it will be well caped". we came and ask apormision to clean the rv. the weomen said it is ok. sadenly came a gay and started shuting at us that we use allot of water (one pot...) and that if will not live in 5 minits he will call the police...
so we live and never go back.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
10 Thank michal v

Travelers are raving about these Half Moon Bay hotels

Newcastle,CA
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 15, 2013

I was absolutely shocked by the attitude of the lady at the front desk. We showed up with 1 additional child than I had not told them while making my reservations ( How could I tell my daughter "no you cant bring your friend that doesn't get to do anything all summer" . As soon as I told the staff that I had an additional child, I was told " I suggest you stay somewhere else" I offered to pay for an additional space, because we were over the site limit, asked if we could stay just 1 night and find somewhere else tomorrow, basically I was just looking for any help, keep in mind this is a Friday night on the West coast and everywhere is booked and I have a motorhome full of kids.
Her only response was "you cant stay here" No, Im sorry , wish I could help, Nothing !
I did read some of the reviews on this site and just chalked it up to grumpy RV ers, etc. Boy was I wrong, I would sleep out in the rain,before I gave this campground one penny of my $ . I recommend the campground about 3 miles North, Pillar Point, theres really no amenities other than full hookups and cable, you are right on the water and the camp hosts are excellent !
I did mention the reviews to the girl at Pelican Points front desk and she replied " oh well,we don't care" Nice !

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
17 Thank Jarvis M
Folsom, CA
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 9, 2013

This park is one of the most beautiful sites you will find for an RV park. Half Moon Bay is notorious for being windy, and this park is quite sheltered considering it is such a short walk to the beach. You can easily walk to town, or down to the beach for tidepooling. This is not a new property, and is becoming more of a "full timers" choice rather than a vacation rental. But it is clean, safe, and quiet, and the wife and co-manager has always been most helpful and pleasant. We have stayed here many times over the years and have never had a problem; we will be here again in October and December. Focus on the wonderful location; expect there to be absolute rules and regulations; and just roll with it.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
4 Thank FolsomGal
Camarillo, California
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 4, 2013

My husband and I used to stay at Pelican Point even before the Ritz Carlton went in. I do not remember the people in the front office to be such jerks. The spaces are close together and the park is not very big. There looks like some full timers now which is fine but why anybody would live there I can't imagine. The tyrants that run the front office are awful people!. Especially the man! Yes, there are rules and my husband and I like that but let's be sensible , if your rig breaks down and you end up having to wait for help for two and a half hours and come in the park at 8:05 instead of 8:00 the guy will not let you in. He says the gate closes at 8:00pm NO exceptions! by the way, there are NO gates! This guy who runs the place is a complete jerk and does NOT care about people at all! He doesn't Have to be nice because he knows he's got the market , there is not another RV park around.

Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
11 Thank Bonnie L
Brentwood, California
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 17, 2013

Been there more than once with our relatives who go there at least 5 + times a year by themselves. They don't get any better service than first timers. They still can't come in any earlier than 1:00 pm, have never given them a free night for all the business they have given them.Don't allow their car dolly so they have to drive MH and car. You have to ask for the cash discount price, wonder if it goes on the books. If you don't back in the way they want you to, they are very rude, and may throw you out if you complain. In 2012, we arrived at 12:20PM and were told we could not check in until 1:00 pm, and told us to leave, we "could park at the shopping center down the road" and come back at 1:00PM. Our already reserved spot was empty and nothing had changed when we came back at 1:00PM. If it was not for our relatives who were already there, we have told them what to do with their park. This was in 2012 and our relatives are there now but not us. We will never stay at this park again. Any one that comes in with a car dolly, they tell you to take it out of the park and park it at the Safeway parking lot or wherever else you can find. What is stop someone from stealing it or even having it towed as this is a business parking lot, not a storage facility. And yes if you try to check in after 8:00PM, say 8:03PM, you are told to leave and come back tomorrow even if you had advance reservations and paid in advance. I have even read reviews saying they will call the police for "trespassing" if you insist on coming in after 8:00PM. The park itself is nothing special and actually old and not worth the your good money to stay there.. Go down the road and stay at KOA and you won't be disappointed; nice people and they make you feel welcome. Being near the ocean is the only thing it has, but not worth being treated like they are doing you a favor. Plenty of ocean down the road. BOB H. June 2013

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family