“Cheesy crabby bread??? Oh My!!!”
Review of Flying Fish Grill

Flying Fish Grill
Ranked #10 of 99 Restaurants in Half Moon Bay
Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Families with children, Local cuisine
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed July 28, 2014

We wanted anything with crab on it/in it and this place delivered! The cheesy crabby bread is a must! I've been trying to find their recipe, but no luck yet! My husband had the crab melt and it was very good (had a better one in the airport in Seattle). I had the salmon burger which was so yummy! We went for a late lunch so didn't have any problem getting in. We actually sat in the bar area and there were plenty of seats. The margarita on the rocks was quite tasty, better than at most Mexican restaurants! Overall, great place to stop if you're in the area!

Reviewed July 23, 2014

Been going to this place for 15+ years now, used to be a shack with plastic utensils and outdoor seating! They have moved a block away to a bigger brick and mortar place off the main street of the town near the intersection hwy 1 and 92. This is a usual stop for us when drving south of San Francisco enjoying the coastal beaches and hikes.
A creature of habit my husband and I usually get the fish and chips, nice light batter and fresh flavorful fish with good portion sizes. The last time I had fried fish taco with special sauce, yummy! (will try the grill taco next time). Highly recommended deep fried seafoods and wraps! And before getting into your car dont forget to walk the main street full of shops which is pedestrian friendly:)

Reviewed July 7, 2014

I have to say that overall I was disappointed in the lunch I had at the Flying Fish this afternoon. I was expecting flavorful local favorites but instead got mediocre fare. I decided to start with crab cake since these are a favorite of mine and I have tasted them all over the country. These were by far the least tasty of all the cakes I have eaten. They were bland and were overpowered by the capers which were in the sauce in which they sat. I then had the Mahi fish tacos since they are a favorite with regular customers. Again, pretty boring. I could barely taste the fish smothered by the mango salsa. It also fell apart before I could eat half of it because it was so saucy. My friend had the fried calamari which we both said tasted like baked calamari. The saving grace of this meal was the key lime pie which was creamy and rich. I had been looking forward to this meal for several days and was absolutely let down. This place is overrated! I will not return to the Flying Fish.

Reviewed July 4, 2014

Nice stop for lunch on our way from San Francisco to Carmel. Split a great seafood combination platter. Nice atmosphere for a low key place. Good, fast service. Reasonable prices.

Reviewed June 11, 2014 via mobile

We are at Flying Fish today for lunch - my date had grilled Mahi tacos - delicious! I had seafood cioppino - very hot but the seafood was fresh and plentiful. I would recommend it to anyone looking for a casual lunch or dinner.