“Qiuet and intimate family place with good food”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of San Benito House

San Benito House
Ranked #28 of 97 Restaurants in Half Moon Bay
Cuisines: American, International
Good for: Dining on a budget
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Outdoor Seating, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television
Soulsbyville
“Qiuet and intimate family place with good food”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 30, 2012

Delicious chips and salsa (hot and mild) for starters.....and all we tried was very good! Very nice people

Visited November 2012

Tacoma, Washington
“Perfect Picnic Planning”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 27, 2012

The Garden Deli & Cafe is part of the San Benito House in Half-Moon Bay. I spent an October day in Half-Moon. I asked at the shops where to eat. Every local recommended the Garden Deli and said "go early! before the rush". Bad planning on my part that I got there at noon exactly. The wait was just 10 or 15 minutes. The Deli is a stand-in-line place, probably not more than 10 feet wide by 30 feet. Here is the reason for the long line and lunch rush: the bread is fresh, the veggies farm fresh, and even some of the cheese is local. The soups are hearty, homemade as are the breads and cookies. I had the cream cheese and cucumber with avocado on fresh french sourdough with all the fixings. The cream cheese was fresh, local and flavorful. I took the sandwich to the beach and lingered. There is outdoor seating which is probably nice most of the year. The Deli offers an assortment of beverages (including beer and wine) and chips. Though both are expensive; I would suggest bringing your own beverage rather than purchasing from the Deli. The staff are really friendly, even when facing the rush. And they are fast in making the sandwiches without compromise.

• Visited October 2012
CA
“Too many good places to waste time here”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 20, 2012

We are locals and finally were able to try this place. We had a coupon. We tried other nights, but the kitchen closed early. Today we got there when it was supposed to be open, but the "chef" wasn't there yet!!! We waited around and finally were shown to a table. Much later we scrounged menus. Much later.. a person took our order. She was covering the loud obnoxious bar too. She got the order wrong, but fixed it later. The food was mediocre to poor. Pizza was not fresh. How could you expect good food if the chef had just walked in the door? Don't most have to prep? Other diners who wandered in seemed to be having the same degree of disorganization and lack of efficiency in their experience too. Thank goodness we used up our coupon, needless to say we will not be going there again. Sad, because the previous owners had a nice classy restaurant. This is a hamburger, pizza place. If the food isn't bad enough for you - wait for the bass on the music at the bar to rattle your teeth. There are too many great places in HMB - don't come here!

• Visited October 2012
Webster, New York
“Pleasantly Surprised”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 2, 2012

We decided to stop in to have a drink and snack in the late afternoon while shopping the cute stores in the Main Street area. We had beer on our mind so a place called "Restaurant and Saloon" seemed to be ther place to go. The bartender could not have been more wonderful. He informed us that we were in "pumpkin town", so the pumpkin beer was a good choice...and it was. I, being the driver, really wanted a snack to offset the beer, but were informated that the kitchen was closed until 5. The bartender offered to find us a snack of homemade bread or something. He not only brought out two kinds of bread, he made me the best french fries I've ever had!! And he said they were on the house. Who does that?? He then continued to tell us all about the history of the area and the local brewery that made the pumkin beer. He had books he let us look at that had all kinds of history information. We sure did stumble on a gem, and that's to the fries, I didn't stumble after drinking my beer.

• Visited September 2012
Ardmore, Oklahoma
“MEDIOCHRE comes to mind”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 1, 2012

Stopped in on a cool day shopping in downtown HMB. We ordered soup and a hamburger. Neither was very good. It satisfied us, but with all the other great options on main street, I regret eating here.

• Visited May 2012