“Don't miss the brunch experience at Navio!”
Review of Navio

Navio
Reserve with OpenTable
Navio is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #12 of 97 Restaurants in Half Moon Bay
Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Business meetings, Special occasions, Romantic
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Highway 1
Description: California Coastal Crusine
Silicon Valley
“Don't miss the brunch experience at Navio!”
Reviewed January 29, 2014

Trust me, Navio has the best brunch near SF bayarea!! The staff are so friendly and just a wonderful environment for a wonderfully prepared brunch buffet. $100/person.

Visited January 2014

San Francisco
“Christmas Eve dinner”
Reviewed January 26, 2014

We had not been to Navio in a little while, so we decided to go for Christmas Eve. It was busy, as it should be that night, and the bar area was welcoming as usual. I am not really sure on Christmas Eve why there has to be sports playing on screens above the bar, it's distracting and was not really the mood I was looking for, but there we are. We ordered some pre-dinner drinks and waited to be summoned for our booked table in Navio. Although we had checked in upon arrival and they knew we were there - they had told us to wait and they would summon us when the table was ready - no-one appeared. So, after waiting a while we went back ourselves and were seated. Apparently they have remodelled the dining area and changed the decor; not for the better. The way it has been done kind of cheapened it. when I am paying this much for a dinner I want to be in luxurious and plush surroundings; especially Christmas Eve in the middle of winter. However, it's all kind of plasticky bench seats and plasticky tables. Our server was amazing - great to see Dante again - he is always fantastic. The food was good, the wine selection excellent. I just think they need to pile on some luxury in the interior and not pack everyone together as much as they did. It's not exactly inexpensive and feels like you're eating in the local diner, nothing wrong with that but I don't expect to pay $400+ for the local diner.

• Visited December 2013
Newark, California
“Thanksgiving Buffet at Ritz Carlton Half Moon Bay”
Reviewed January 12, 2014

The food was excellent on Thanksgiving and a variety of foods were offered, however, it was so crowded it put me off. Yes, I'm used to an intimate 15 to 30 people eating at my home and this was my first outing to a restaurant on Thanksgiving.

First, our table was in the middle of a doorway, so many passed us. Second, I don't eat much, so we might have chosen better than a buffet. Third, our servers were on top of it, though overworked. We nearly made it out of the place without an incident. The server dropped a dirty knife on my back as she removed the last dishes. Luckily, the hotel made it good for us.

I will not likely go back for a holiday buffet and I did like the hotel itself. It is a great location.

• Visited November 2013
Anaheim, California
“Half moon bay”
Reviewed January 9, 2014

This was the start of our Northern California road for our wedding anniversary celebration. We had a wonderful dinner overlooking the ocean. Our servers were very good and attentive. We started with a seafood platter of shrimp and oysters. They were great with a Thai style mignonette for the oysters. My wife had a very good octopus salad and I had wonderful bowl of mussels cooked in white wine and creme Fraiche. Carmen also had a scallop with pork belly and it was excellent.
We had great San Francisco sourdough bread that we could stop eating. The staff gave us an anniversary desert as a surprise. It was a great dinner experience.

• Visited January 2014
Campbell, California
“Excellent!”
Reviewed December 18, 2013

The dinner was so good, excellent steak and pasta, wonderful service from our waitress Molly and breakfast the next morning was yummy! Our server, Sam couldn't be nicer and the best blueberry pancakes ever! Highly recommended..

Visited December 2013