“Got a beautiful lamp”

Half Moon Bay Art Glass
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 1-2 hours
Owner description: Half Moon Bay Art Glass is a hot glass studio situated at La Nebbia Winery on highway 92. We offer hot glass classes for everybody who is interested. Come and make your own glass pumpkin, paper weight, tumbler or even a jelly fish lamp!
Useful Information: Bathroom facilities, Activities for older children
Reviewed April 13, 2014

When I had to replace a lamp at home, I didn't hesitate: I'd always wanted a lamp made out of blown glass and I was not going to miss my opportunity! I picked the colors that matched the decor in my living room, and Doug made it specially for me. It's beautiful! I'm looking forward to taking a glass pumpkin class, so that I not only choose the colors but actually make it myself too.

HMB Art G, Owner at Half Moon Bay Art Glass, responded to this reviewResponded April 20, 2014

Thank you so much for sharing ! We hope you are still enjoying your lamp. We look forward to seeing you when you take a pumpkin class :-)

Reviewed April 13, 2014

Had a great experience making a mini pumpkin. The class was full of interesting information and a lot of fun. Every piece is an original and it was so interesting to see how different they all came out.

Thank you so much for reviewing your experience. We hope to welcome you at our shop again.

Reviewed April 13, 2014

I decided to branch out in my glass blowing and try Half Moon Bay Art Glass as my last pumpkin experience was not all that I wanted. I arrived early because I was worried about being late. Doug suggested that I check out the winery for about 1/2 hour and then he took me before my session should have begun. I had imbibed in an abbreviated tasting and was excited to start. He allowed me to pick out exactly the color combo I wanted to try out and then we got down to it. I had not marvered before nor gathered before nor apply frit before so this was more hands on than I had experienced. Doug made certain that I was safe and provided diplomatic correction when I required it. Throughout the experience his receptionist created a photo- documentary for me. At the time I was there they mailed the pumpkin home for free and I was able to show off my creation for my middle school students prior to Halloween. I loved the whole experience.

Thank you so much for your kind review. We are so glad that you had a great time!

Reviewed April 12, 2014

Called ahead after seeing a AAA coupon. Classes are available on Friday, Saturday and Sundays. They graciously opened a class on Friday that better fit our schedule. Doug is very calm, informative, and very safe. Presumed we would have very little to do with the actual pumpkin creation and was so pleased to be wrong! Doug keeps his classes small, allowing him to walk you through the entire process of blowing your own pumpkin with his guidance. We returned the next day to pick up our beautiful creations. Will be returning again I am sure.

HMB Art G, Owner at Half Moon Bay Art Glass, responded to this reviewResponded April 13, 2014

Thank you so much for your amazing review and sharing your lovely pumpkins. They look absolutely stunning, great job! Come back soon to make more :-)

Reviewed April 8, 2014

My wife and I like to go away a few times a year. We look for something fun and hopefully educational. We found both in the case of the Half Moon Bay Art Glass Company. Doug keeps the classes small so he can tend to each student. Please do not think this is an Orange pumpkin with a green stem (although you can make one if you so choose. (Each piece is unique. You pick the colors then, after a safety class you step up and begine with Doug right there with you. The end result is a beautiful piece of glass with variations of color, and lines, and shapes. Ours are displayed where everyone can see them. I have thought about doing it again and making a set.

Highly recommend it
Ron and Linda

Review collected in partnership with this attraction
HMB Art G, Owner at Half Moon Bay Art Glass, responded to this reviewResponded April 9, 2014

Thank you so much for your wonderful review, Ron. We hope to see you and Linda again soon !