“Wiil definitely return”
Review of Pasta Moon

Pasta Moon
Reserve with OpenTable
Pasta Moon is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Business meetings, Local cuisine, Special occasions, Romantic
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Reviewed August 23, 2010

We had dinner at PM for the first time last night, and it turned out to be a pleasant surprise. Physically the venue is airy and comfortable. As frequent customers of the local farmers' market, the emphasis on local, seasonal ingredients was obvious to us. The three different pastas we consumed (ricotta cavatelli, fettucini with wild boar ragu, and butternut squash ravioli) were delicious. The wine list is a very thoughtful selection of Italian stuff. The service is decent, although IMO waitstaff should never pass a table where a glass is empty without inquiry.
One comment: I would like to see more filled pasta on the menu, like ravioli or agnolotti, the sort of pasta most of us don't make at home but go to Italian restaurants for...

There are newer reviews for Pasta Moon

Reviewed August 5, 2010

The Pasta Moon offers wonderful meals and terrific service. It has a relaxed atmosphere, fitting for the small town.

1  Thank Kevin18Napa
Reviewed July 26, 2010

Love this restaurant! Great food- great service. The lasagna, mussels, and pappardelle pancetta were excellent. The recommended wine complemented the meal nicely. Although I live in Ohio, this was my second time here. It was as memorable as the last :0) The service and food are a winning combination.

1  Thank NitaR
Reviewed June 7, 2010

When you walk in to this tiny looking place you are greeted with atmosphere and scents of yumminess. There is a small bar off to the right, live music straight ahead and the dining off to the left. It lifts you up in such a good way and then you get to the table. Prepare yourself. Bread is always the first thing I judge at an Italian place (I make my own bread, pasta, gravy, etc - I'm Italian) and their bread is heaven baked full of goodness. It is actuallly the color of olive oil and if you let yourself just breathe it in for a moment it gets your taste buds rolling. Served with Balsamic and Olive Oil as it shoud be.

Now, I need to take a moment and just enjoy the memory of what's next because I am still taken aback by the complete experience of this antipasta dish. I got soft white polenta & ragu, asparagus, hen of the woods mushroom, prosciuto, black garlic, marsala, parmesan. It was $11 and I would have gladly paid far more. I have never had polenta this good outside of my Grandma's kitchen. It was fluffly and light, creamy, and just the way polenta should be. So many places cook it to death and this was a joy for my mouth to experience. I came home and looked up my family's reciepe so I can make it tonight for dinner.

On to the pasta, I know you don't think it can get better. Trust me, it does. I had the pleasure of enjoying tagliatelle bolognese, ground pancetta, berkshire pork, harris natural beef, sofritto, parmesan. When the plate came out, it was like I feel in love. This dish made the whole room light up. The noodles were cooked so nicely I kept wanting more. The gravy was just layers upon layers of goodness. I took the little bit of bread left and literally swiped my plate clean because I couldn't stop myself.

The only thing that left me sad was the panna cotta. I am of the firm belief that it was just off that night becuase everything else was so amazing. It was a yogurt honey panna cotta with a spice banana. The banana was bruised (which makes it almost bitter when cooked) and the yogurt was a bit girtty which makes me think the mixture was heated tooo quickly (or not paid attention to while being heated). I do have a very high opinion of what panna cottta should taste like so I am very biased and understand that others may enjoy it far more than I.

On thing I do need to mention. My family is from Tuscany and Rome. I grew up with Northern Italian food and traditions. If you are looking for an amazing Northern Italian spot this is it. If you want a more country or southern Italian meal you probably won't enjoy this place as much. If you want Sicilian food, go somewhere else.

Oh, one last thing. We loved everything so much we got the margherita pizza to go and ate it for breakfast the next day. I did steal one slice on the way home and if I hadn't been completely full I could have eaten the whole thing by myself.

1  Thank EggmansGirl
Reviewed May 17, 2010

Without doubt, one of the best dinner experiences we have had in twenty years. As former restaurant owners, we notice the little things as well as the big things, and Pasta Moon delivered on both. We asked for a steak (not on the menu) and were treated to one of the best dry aged New York Strip Steaks ever! The Executive Chef, Seth, came to the table upon request and humbly explained the simple process by which he produced our meal. The prices were very reasonable and I would recommend this restaurant to everyone.

1  Thank wildbill1259