“Great meal”
Review of Pasta Moon

Pasta Moon
Reserve with OpenTable
Pasta Moon is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #1 of 100 Restaurants in Half Moon Bay
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Special occasions, Business meetings, Local cuisine, Romantic
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Reviewed February 25, 2013

From the outside, it looks somewhat barn-like, so I was delighted by the warm & cozy interior. Then I was too hot, because we were right in front of a heat register, but the dining room is lovely. All our food was delicious, featuring local, seasonal, sustainable ingredients. Service was friendly, but pacing was a bit off. Overall a nice evening.

Reviewed February 21, 2013

WE had a good dinner, the service was just o,k, not too friendly, the dinner was served not too hot, and the ambiance is good, but we find it to be hit and miss.

Reviewed February 20, 2013

Pasta Moon is one of my favorite restaurants in Northern California. The food is fantastic, the service is great, and the atmosphere is wonderful. The ingredients tend to be from local organic farms. There's a great wine list, with a lot of very interesting Italian wines as well as lots from California.

My wife and I got on their mailing list, and they always send out an invitation to their Valentine's Day dinner. We wouldn't miss it! The menu for Valentine's Day has three choices for each of 4 courses. This year, they added a wine pairing (for $35) with some very well-chosen wines with each dish. Although this isn't their regular menu, I've got to praise the Gnocchi with smoked tomato cream sauce and especially the spinach Agnolotti with wild mushrooms and a truffle cream sauce. It's was one of the tastiest dishes I've ever had.

The regular menu is wonderful too, and there are always specials that are fantastic.

Reviewed February 17, 2013

We ate here on February 16, 2013. I checked Tripadvisor before making my reservation, and I am glad I did. The meal was unbelievable! If you like Italian food please try this place.

2  Thank Reg D
Reviewed February 14, 2013

We went there without a reservation and was told by the hostess, the six or seven empty tables were reserved and there would be people arriving shortly to fill them. She said if we wanted to eat there, we would have to eat in the bar area at a table in there. We said that would be fine. She seated us and said she would be right back with iced waters. A good twenty minutes went by and she never returned with water and a waiter never came by. At this point, I wanted to leave but my husband really wanted to try their pasta. He was told it was all homemade there on the premises and the food was really good. A waiter finally came and brought us menus. After another long wait, we ordered, only to have another long wait before the food arrived. At this point, I noticed the tables that the hostess had said would fill up never did. It had been 45 minutes since we got there and we were only now getting our meals. Yes.... I was keeping tract. Mainly because I wanted to leave after the waters were not received and we foolishly sat there for twenty minutes. The bar area was divided from the dinner area and was very drafty and cold. Now I am cold and looking at empty tables on the heated side of the restaurant wondering what there problem was. The food finally arrived and it was lousy at best. I got their special, crab pasta. The crab was ice cold and the pasta was boiled with no flavor or sause on it at all. The pasta did not taste homemade at atll. It had to be store bought. My husband ordered lazana and it did not look good either. He was also very disappointed with his meal. Usually we take leftovers home and enjoy them the next day. Sometimes it is what we will have for dinner the next day depending on how much is left over but we didn't even want to take any of this home. The meal was very expensive and between the cost, the terrible food and service, we left there upset. This place should close.