“Nice walk and wonderful weather”

Half Moon Bay State Beach
Book In Advance
More Info
$399.00*
and up
Monterey Bay Coastal Day Trip from San Francisco...
More attraction details
Owner description: Broad and sandy beach stretching more than four miles features campground facilities and trails for hikers and horseback riders.
Reviewed September 19, 2013

I went with my friend's mom. Very pleasant weather and the shoreline is serene and beautiful.. We dined at a restaurant in Ritz-Carlton--food was delicious, but the scenery outside the windows were unforgettable. If you do go to this restaurant, ask for window seats. We were there only in the afternoon, but I wonder how beautiful the ocean view at night is!! Odwalla HQ is also located there. As an avid Odwalla consumer, I visited the HQ and spoke to the receptionist about my fanatic nature and she offered me juices and bars.. Extremely grateful for her generosity and my friend's mom for taking me to Half Moon Bay.

1  Thank namheekim89
in 44 reviews
"campground"
in 31 reviews

Reviewed September 10, 2013

The ride from San Jose is beautiful. $10 to park (and have access to restrooms/showers) gives you access to a stunning, un-crowded beach. We watched the sunset and had a blast

Reviewed September 9, 2013

For just a $10 parking fee, you get access to some ridiculously beautiful beach. This is the place to bring your blanket on a "sick day" and expect to get some peace and quiet.

Reviewed September 8, 2013 via mobile

This is a great state park tucked away just south of SF. We drove down the ocean and stopped off before heading to meet friends across to the bay side in San Carlos. The views are wonderful and the beach was clean. Well worth the 10 dollar parking fee.