“Excellent hiking trail.”

$399.00*
and up
9-Hour Chauffeured Monterey Bay Coast Tour from San Francisco
More attraction details
Owner description: Broad and sandy beach stretching more than four miles features campground facilities and trails for hikers and horseback riders.
Reviewed November 27, 2011

There is an excellent hiking trail of 22 miles along the beach in Half Moon Bay which extends into Princeton by the Sea.

There are newer reviews for Half Moon Bay State Beach

Reviewed November 9, 2011

A great break from the hustle of the Bay Area. Only over the hill from the southern part of San Mateo and you are in the lazy, mild climate of Half Moon Bay. Pretty little town and the State Beach is just right for a great view of the sunset.

Reviewed November 7, 2011

True to its name - Half moon Bay is one of the beautiful photogenic places I have ever been to. The drive from SF Zoo on the beach road was beyond imagination. On one side you enjoy the breeze from the ocean while on other driving on the tipsy turfy road is another experience.
We started off from Oakland on a rainy day but to our luck it was a sunny day at Half Moon Beach. The water was clear, lots of surfers willing to take on the Pacific and measure their own strengths. Initially we stopped at the first intersection itself spend some time watching the waves and the scenery around us. Well we had another companion in the form of a ship which accidently reached the bay due to an accident by the captain. Great place to be with the kids and also for the adults.

Great Landscape - it indeed made my day. You need half a day to visit the location.

Reviewed September 30, 2011

The Coast of California has many enchantments to offer, and so, I find myself taking little jaunts to soak in the salt laden rays of the sun. I recently visited Half Moon Bay with friends, and stayed a day exploring and finding treasures. Here are a few of the places I visited:

Moonside Bakery (Main St.):
At first appearance, Moonside looks small, but inside there is an open patio with plenty of seating, and besides the vast array of pasteries, they serve a wonderful breakfast (including custard crepes with berries!). The coffee is great, and you must try the little european meringues. Fill up while there because you have a lot of fabulous shopping and art galleries to explore!

Ink Spell Books (Purissima St. (just off of Main St.):
It doesn't take much to bewitch me when it comes to books. I'm an avid reader (and writer), and when I stumble across a book store tucked in the corner of the beauty of Half Moon Bay, there is no way I can resist not coming away with a few treasures.
Upon entering, you can feel and smell the magic of this open and airy space. Books line and tumble from the walls, and the atmosphere deuendes you into cuddling up and losing yourself for hours. A bonus is the little window cut into the wall where you can order a hot cup of coffee from the coffee shop next door. Both the ladies working the desk were friendly and helpful, and are not put out by helping you find those pages of something special you've been searching for.
Halloween happens to be one of my favorite times of the year, so the decorations made it a doubly blissful. If you love books and find yourself in Half Moon Bay, I suggest a stop at Ink Spell Books!

Sam's Chowder House:
I was looking for some good seafood while visiting Half Moon Bay and someone suggested Sam's. It sits just above the beach near the harbor where seals, seagulls, and pelicans frolick about, and even let you take their picture next to them!
Sam's is supposed to be famous for their lobster roll, and I have to say, I'm now a fan. It was stuffed with lobster--it was bursting from the roll. It was so big and tasty that I shared it with my friend and it was plenty for both of us.
The crab salad was just okay, but their shrimp platter was pretty impressive too.
Outside, Sam's has an impressive patio where you can sip a cocktail and enjoy the fresh ocean breeze, and visit with compadres!

3  Thank Onarrez
Reviewed September 23, 2011

Come prepared as it sometimes gets a little windy.