“Great Trail for Walking or Bikes”

Half Moon Bay Coastside Trail
More attraction details
Owner description: Easy and scenic hiking trail along the Pacific coast that measures six miles round trip.
Montara, California
11 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 13 helpful votes
“Great Trail for Walking or Bikes”
Reviewed July 29, 2013

This trail is used by walkers and bikers, so stay alert and give enough room for bikes if you are walking. The trail is enjoyable - right along the ocean. You can get off and walk along the beach and get back on the trail for easier walking. Riding a bike along here is great - just remember you have to have enough energy to get back to your starting point!

Visited June 2013

Bloomington, Illinois, United States
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 6 helpful votes
“Great walking trail with beach access”
Reviewed July 21, 2013

We liked the fact that the trail itself was paved. When we had walked too far on the beach and were exhausted, we could hop on the trail for an easier trek back to the hotel. There were plenty of benches, trash cans, and restrooms on the trail.

Visited May 2013
1 Thank Lynnette S
Austin
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 8 helpful votes
“Incredibly awesome!”
Reviewed July 6, 2013

I rode yesterday morning at 7:30 AM. It was cold, foggy, and wet which was a wonderful change from the heat of Cupertino this week. I started at the visitor center at Kelly Ave and changed to warmer clothes in the restroom there. There is a parking fee (I think $10) that I paid the ranger later since it wasn't open when I first arrived shortly after 7 AM.

The trail was quiet with amazing views. It's true there are sections of the trail that don't have the great ocean view but I think there are many that do that make it worth it, especially if you go south from the visitor's center. I went all the way down past the Ritz Carlton, much of which was dirt paths which was interesting but I have more of a mountain bike (Trek 4 Comfort Series) and it was great. In the morning the trails were not crowded at all. On the north end I went a little further than the airport. One of my now favorite coastal trails!

Visited July 2013
2 Thank HotelSnobAustin
San Ramon, California
“Great Family Bikeride”
Reviewed July 4, 2013

This trail is beautiful. Its paved and flat. You ride along the ocean and beautiful wild flowers everywhere. My boys 9 and 11 years old loved it.

Visited July 2013
DeWitt, Michigan
43 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 42 helpful votes
“Missed the Views”
Reviewed May 19, 2013

The trail is back far enough that the ocean is usually out-of-site. There are access routes to the ocean, but many are undeveloped. We enjoyed the little pathways off the trail. Spring flowers were stunning. Trail is okay for exercise and getting from one point to another, but not very scenic.

Visited May 2013