“It's the Ritz....” 3 of 5 bubbles

The Conservatory
Ranked #21 of 97 Restaurants in Half Moon Bay
Cuisines: American
Good for: Scenic view, Bar scene, Business meetings, Special occasions
Dining options: Dinner, Brunch, Breakfast, Lunch, Full Bar, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Valet Parking, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Highway 1
Denver, Colorado
“It's the Ritz....”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 7, 2013 via mobile

I expected more. Having been to several Ritz's I was expecting premium everything. Even with the Cali laid back vibe... And my adjusted patience, I still expected more. The view is worth the drive (or turn off if heading south on highway 1). It's stunning. The food was decent. I had bolognese due to the chill and it was fairly good. The wine list well done. But what ruined it for me was the service. Slowest. Service. Ever. My waitress disappeared. Seriously. I saved 1/2 my pasta for a second glass and by the time she came to check on me and the 2nd glass came I was finished with my meal. I could hear her talking shop for 20
Minutes while I enjoyed the view. Finally, I had to get up and go to the bar to pay my tab. Which is fine. I'm not lazy. And pretty chill. But when my tab is 80.00, for a single, I expect more.

• Visited July 2013
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank BrantleyC

Mill Valley, California
“Paying for the ambience.”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 18, 2013

After an afternoon stroll along the newly gentrified (and very cute) downtown of Half Moon Bay, we thought it would be nice to have a casual meal at the Ritz Carlton. The hotel has lovely ocean views and garden seating, and the restaurants have large windows overlooking both. As for our food: the Warm Goat Cheese appetizer was very simple (not better than I make at home), the Curried Vegetable Soup and the Clam Chowder both tasted good, but the chowder was atypically thin, and our English Pea Ravioli on Corn Coulis (returned to be heated) had little filling and were placed in a bland cream sauce scattered with peas and corn. I was embarrassed having to salt this dish, which did little to improve it's taste.

• Visited June 2013
1 Thank 5heartfamily
Reston, Virginia
“Limited lunch menu and very expensive food and drinks.”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 17, 2013

A group of us had lunch at this restaurant in the Ritz Carlton in Half Moon Bay, CA. First we had drinks on the outside patio which had a magnificent beach view. It is ironic that there is no charge for the priceless view and the drinks are so expensive. We could not stay outside very long because it was cold and windy. They also did not serve any food outside. We got a table near a large window in the sporty dinning room. The lunch menu was very limited and and every thing on the menu was quite expensive. Our server was young and pleasant. She was also very professional and friendly. The view from the widow was amazing. We mostly ordered hamburgers with French fries and a couple of salads. The food was very average and expensive. I believe the drinks in the dinning room were even more expensive than the outside bar. However I am not sure of this. We had a great day but spent a lot of money for a few hamburgers, fries, a couple of small salads and some drinks. I will go there again just for the ocean view. I guess I should not complain since since we had lunch at the Ritz. I am sure their cost basis is very high.

• Visited June 2013
Martinez, California
“No Multigrain Bread??!!”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 14, 2013

Only a three star. At the prices which are charged ($22 burger, $17.50 cocktail, $9 beer) they really need to make certain they have the items they say they have on the menu. In additon to my $22 burger I ordered the cheese plate. When it can, fluffy white toast was served with it and not the muligrain bread which was advertised. There is no way this white fluff could take the honey, jam, blue cheese and other hearty cheese. A delicious cheese cracker was also served, which was nice, but would never work with the cheeses served. Our service was fine. It was dark, so the view was only in my imagination. I don't think I will revisit unless I am staying at the Ritz and some Sugar Daddy is flipping the bill.

Visited June 2013
New York City, New York
“Great Food, Excellent View”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 14, 2013

The food was excellent, as was the service. I was surprised that the prices weren't steeper. The Thursday "Burger and Brew" was a good value.

Visited May 2013