We decided on The Ritz-Carlton Half Moon Bay this year to celebrate our 29th anniversary. This was our first time to Half Moon Bay and to a Ritz-Carlton property. The hotel is stunning, everything about it is first-class. Our room was not quite ready when we checked in and we were given complimentary glasses of wine which was nice and we enjoyed them by the fire. Upon check-in we were upgraded from a standard room to a beautiful coastal view room on the bottom floor with our own private firepits.
We were shown to our room and we settled in. Everything was of the highest quality and the bathroom had a jacuzzi tub and a separate shower area. The only complaints about the bathroom were that were not dimmer switches and no bath salts or pillows that you would expect in a luxury hotel. The bed was also not very soft, other than that our room was perfect! We enjoyed watching the ocean outside by the firepits with our wine while waiting for dinner Navio. The spa at the Ritz is gorgeous, we used it daily for the mineral bath soaks by the indoor fireplace. The locker rooms are very spacious and comfortable, lots of attention to detail.
The hotel is in a gorgeous setting and you can walk along the paths there, it is situated on a golf course also where we enjoyed playing the next day. There is also an indoor pool, tennis courts and complimentary Electra bikes which we enjoyed riding around after breakfast the next morning. We also found the entire staff at the Ritz to be very friendly and accomodating and professional. There is a $45 mandatory valet service at the resort which is a little steep, we never left the hotel once we checked in. Overall, this is a gorgeous luxury resort on the West Coast and definitely one of my favorites.
We hope to return again for a stay on a special occasion and also to play golf here and dine in the excellent restaurant, Navio. This was an anniversary to remember and the Ritz-Calrton Half Moon Bay did not disappoint. :)
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Ritz-Carlton, Half Moon Bay is a luxury spa resort in Half Moon Bay, California. With two distinct guest room experiences from the guest houses to our main building, the hotel highlights the beauty of the Northern California coast with a modern and elegant decor. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Marriott, Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Priceline, Travelocity, HotelPower, Hotwire, HotelQuickly and getaroom.com so you can book your The Ritz-Carlton, Half Moon Bay reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Ritz Carlton Half Moon Bay Hotel Half Moon Bay
- Ritz Carlton Half Moon Bay
- Ritz Half Moon Bay
- Half Moon Bay Ritz Carlton