First let me say, that after reading some of the other reviews my
wife and I were a little afraid of the service we might receive at the
Our stay at this resort was from the time we arrived at the
gate house till check out one of the best experiences we've had
at any resort.
We were welcomed by name, wished a happy anniversary and
always greeted with a smile. And might I state, not one time
did any employee from the valet to cleaning staff ever once act
like they expected a tip for their services. They were friendly, courteous and always went out of their way to provide and make
sure that my wife and I had anything we needed or wanted.
Prior to our arrival I had requested that music be playing in our
room upon our check in and said music be classical, one of
my wife's favorites. It was indeed, and the staff had burned a
CD, complete with picture of the hotel and our name and anniversary date. Also, I had emailed a picture and they had it
framed and on our night stand. Done! I had requested on the
first night of our arrival the Rose Petal Turndown at 8 pm.. Done!
Chocolate strawberries were also there as requested.
Each night at 8 pm turn down was completed.
Never was our room lacking in maid service. It was always
cleaned and fresh linen and towels in place.
Also, the Club level was outstanding. The food presentation was
great and every employee was more than attentive.
Attention to detail was at every corner, from the decor to the way
employee's were dressed.
The Spa was also outstanding in decor and atmosphere. What a relaxed, stress free way to spend our morning.
The valet service was great. We never had to wait on our car and
all employees were helpful with extra request for directions and
The hotel also has a delightful smell from the wood burning
fireplaces and the fresh sea air.
I could go on and on about our stay, but I think you get the idea.
The resort is strictly Ritz all the way and my wife and I would
recommend this hotel for a relaxed romantic stay.
Wayne and Kathy Bassette
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Ritz-Carlton, Half Moon Bay, an elite golf and spa resort hotel. With two distinct guest room experiences from the guest houses to our main building, the hotel highlights the beauty of the Northern California coast with a modern and elegant decor. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Marriott, Booking.com, Orbitz, Travelocity, TripOnline SA, Ctrip TA, Hotwire, Hotel.de, Prestigia, Priceline, Cancelon, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your The Ritz-Carlton, Half Moon Bay reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Ritz Carlton Half Moon Bay Hotel Half Moon Bay
- Ritz Carlton Half Moon Bay
- Ritz Half Moon Bay
- Half Moon Bay Ritz Carlton