First the good news... The view is spectacular, the health club was clean and up to date and the staff, excluding the Front Desk attendant Kelli were great.
After seeing the room I was assigned, I was not happy and went back to the Front Desk for a change. Kelli was not very helpful and the only option presented to me was an upgrade that was charged at $150 per night. Given that I am a Gold member and the hotel was at 60% occupancy, I believe more should have been done to alleviate my concerns without an additional charge being levied. In my trips throughout North America and Singapore, this is a common practice followed at Ritz properties but not at this hotel.
The suite we paid a premium for was roomier, but was not cleaned to the normal Ritz Carlton standards. There were crumbs on the couch and the furnishings definitely were in need of an upgrade.
We did write the GM of the Hotel to voice our concern prior to posting this note but were not given the courtesy of a response, which speaks volumes as well.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Ritz-Carlton, Half Moon Bay, an elite golf and spa resort hotel. With two distinct guest room experiences from the guest houses to our main building, the hotel highlights the beauty of the Northern California coast with a modern and elegant decor. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotwire, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Agoda, Odigeo, Marriott, Travelocity and Jetsetter so you can book your The Ritz-Carlton, Half Moon Bay reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Ritz Carlton Half Moon Bay Hotel Half Moon Bay
- Ritz Carlton Half Moon Bay
- Ritz Half Moon Bay
- Half Moon Bay Ritz Carlton