We stayed at the Ritz in Half Moon Bay the end of August and it certainly lived up to the reputation it holds.
We arranged a limo through the concierge before coming in, and the trip from the airport (SFO) was surprisingly short and enjoyable. Limo driver was very nice.
The property itself was beautiful, and we had a huge suite on the 5th floor (concierge level) and although not overlooking the ocean it was still nice. Beautiful views and we did have some nice weather. Although it was supposed to be in the 60's it was sunny and nearly 70 every day. The fog does roll in when it wants to though.
Sitting by the Pacific is always wonderful and relaxing. Plenty to do by going into town (nice shops) or just enjoying the view. Hiking, bird watching and trips into the California countryside can fill your days.
Taxis are readily available, but give them a few minutes to arrive.
Food was very good at the lounge and at Navio and the Conservatory (our waitress Shannon one night was super).
The only negative I have is that the pool is somewhat off property (10 minute walk) and enclosed. Personally I love sitting by the pool and getting sun, so don't have those expectations when you come.
I have to say that the entire staff was perhaps the most courteous and accommodating when compared to any other property I have stayed. Friendly greetings, always willing to help and seemed to really enjoy what they were doing. They should all be commended as its the people that make this Ritz a great property.
Spa was also very good, great massage and nice lounge/hot tubs and a coed mineral bath. I would do again.
We did do an organized winery tour with our convention group (about 20 of us). It certainly could have been better organized on the logistics and how the time was spent. Still nice to see some beautiful country, but if you have a car do this on your own.
We did get a good rate on the rooms for 5 days, so look for specials. Either way it ain't cheap!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Ritz-Carlton, Half Moon Bay, an elite golf and spa resort hotel. With two distinct guest room experiences from the guest houses to our main building, the hotel highlights the beauty of the Northern California coast with a modern and elegant decor. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Hotwire, Orbitz, Cancelon, Marriott, TripOnline SA, Agoda, Priceline, HotelsClick, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your The Ritz-Carlton, Half Moon Bay reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Ritz Carlton Half Moon Bay Hotel Half Moon Bay
- Ritz Carlton Half Moon Bay
- Ritz Half Moon Bay
- Half Moon Bay Ritz Carlton