The Ritz-Carlton, Half Moon Bay
Comfort Inn Half Moon Bay(Half Moon Bay)(Great Value!)
$135
Beach House at Half Moon Bay(Half Moon Bay)(Great Value!)
$265
Half Moon Bay Lodge(Half Moon Bay)(Great Value!)
$246
$219
Official Site
$200
Oceano Hotel & Spa Half Moon Bay(Half Moon Bay)(Great Value!)
$259
Harbor View Inn(Half Moon Bay)
$189
$161
Coastside Inn(Half Moon Bay)
$159
$149
$122
$119
No availability for your dates from our partners
  • Fitness center
2,219 results
All reviewsfire pitthe ritzclub levelgolf courseguest houseindoor poolvalet parkingnavio restaurantthe cliffbeautiful propertytennis courtsresort feewine barplay golfturn down servicemain buildingoverlooking the ocean
Reviewed September 4, 2013

Unfortunately I have a very high standard of hotels since I was spoiled here starting in 2006 until now. I am not sure why others have given it bad rating. The rooms are great size with a tub and shower. The property is gorgeous, the golf is amazing, the food is excellent and the service is superb! When they brought up our car, there were bottled waters in them. When we went towards the elevator, someone pressed the button for us. I would like to know where everyone else thinks is better so I can give them a shot because I truly loved it here!

Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Mirmy
Reviewed September 4, 2013

We had a firepit room, overlooking the ocean. It was just perfect! We were celebrating birthdays/anniversary and the hotel kindly left us a S'more kit as their gift. They also supply cuddly throws if it is cooler outside, which we snuggled up in, opened a bottle of wine (from the wine steward who actually came to our patio to see if there was anything we needed), sat on the patio at sunset, and had our S'mores. Who could ask for anything more? The hotel's walking trail along the coast was beautiful and very well kept. The Concierge was extraordinarily helpful, giving us some great suggestions of places to see, restaurants, etc., in the area. The Hotel even supplied a driving guide, which we found very helpful indeed. It was a wonderful trip.

Room Tip: We had the firepit room, which was just beautiful. Beautiful view, and sitting on the patio, overlooking the ocean, it was so tranquil .and just beautiful.
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank ldempsey
Reviewed September 4, 2013

My wife and I have stayed at this wonderful resort several times and look forward to returning soon. The room overlooking the golf course and Pacific is magnificent. Sitting outside by the fire pit in the evening enjoying the sunset, sipping a nice wine and listening to the bagpiper make for a truly great evening. Dinner in the hotel was great. The staff was helpful as in all Ritz properties. Overall a great spot to unwind from big city life.

Room Tip: Rooms with a view of the Pacific are best
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 3, 2013

Stayed in a very nice room (not ocean view) for a two day conference. Long walk to conference rooms (but that was fine). The room was nicely decorated and large but lacked character. The room had nice in room coffee service but used paper cups for the coffee. The grounds are large as is the main hotel, but it seemed drab and without character. It is trying too hard to be elegant but comes across as fake and boring. The staff were nice, however. I expected much more for the price. A positive note-- the catered lunch was amazing. I would not stay here again.

Room Tip: If you are spending the money to stay here - get a ocean view room in the ocean building- many of the main hotel rooms overlook the busy common area and are not private.
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed September 3, 2013

After staying at numerous Ritz properties, this one was not up to their usual standards. The location could not have been better so high marks for that. The quality of service is every bit a Ritz, even better. However, the buildings themselves are not as elegant or as well appointed as their other properties. I was greeted well upon arriving late on a Sunday night after a cross country flight. I had requested a room with a balcony or patio but none were available in the main building so was offered a room in one of the detached buildings....a fair walk away but they do offer rides. It was extremely warm in my room and I could not find a thermostat...called front desk and was advised that their is no a/c in the detached rooms! They did say that they would supply a fan if I needed one. Really? They did offer to change my room to one with a balcony and a/c in the main building when one became available the next day. So, one hot night and not in a good way! In general, the rooms are small but comfy enough but noisy with both elevator and overhearing guests in neighboring rooms.
My stay was for 5 days and visited three dining rooms and one large banquet. The food and service all around was excellent.

Room Tip: Stay in the main building if you want air conditioning.
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled on business