This was a great hotel- just probably not for a family trip- it's very secluded and romantic. It's also quite gloomy, with fog rolling in just about constantly. The golf course is amazing and I was wishing I could play but oops! We were with my 5 yr. old.
I could definitely see staying here with a significant other or for a golf outing but, I do love the sun on my face and I was not expecting the gloomy skies all the time.
The room was very luxurious with fine details. Very comfortable beds, as expected at the Ritz. A wonderful night's sleep is waiting for you here. The service was the kind of service you would expect at this hotel- they are there to please you.
The atmosphere is very somber and the crowd is conservative, respectful and quiet.
The 38 dollar breakfast buffet was kind of a waste for me (I only eat a little bit at breakfast) but my husband and daughter partook, and they were happy with it. There are not many food options in this hotel but I did love the quiet luxury- just wish I could golf, darn it!
As far as activities, there were not many and the shopping is not great, if you are used to city shopping or a good mall.
We loved the marshmallow roast by the big fire pits in front of the ocean cliffs. Awesome view. Lovely moment. The bag piper was a nice touch and it was Scotland all over again!
The pool is in a different building and not at all convenient- but they will drive you to it, whenever you wish and pick you up.
HOWEVER... the entire stay was completely worth the lobster roll sandwich I had at Sam's. I am still thinking about it. Sam's is a seafood dive a few miles away. Yum.
Anyhow, I would have stayed another night if not for the gloomy weather- just wanted to be in a sunnier spot.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Ritz-Carlton, Half Moon Bay, an elite golf and spa resort hotel. With two distinct guest room experiences from the guest houses to our main building, the hotel highlights the beauty of the Northern California coast with a modern and elegant decor. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Marriott, HotelsClick, Priceline, Agoda, Despegar.com, Travelocity, HotelsforEveryone, Jetsetter, Reservation Counter, Hotel.de and HRS so you can book your The Ritz-Carlton, Half Moon Bay reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Ritz Carlton Half Moon Bay Hotel Half Moon Bay
- Ritz Carlton Half Moon Bay
- Ritz Half Moon Bay
- Half Moon Bay Ritz Carlton