My husband and I stayed at the Ritz Carlton Half Moon Bay on a recent trip to see a concert in San Francisco. We don't like to stay in the city and usually stay somewhere across the bay, but decided to try the Ritz for an extra special treat. The service was excellent. When we arrived we were greeted very warmly and were impressed with the staff. We had run into a great deal of traffic and were running late to make our dinner reservation back in the city. We called the hotel to let them know that we needed to check in quickly so that we could get back. The bell hop and the service staff were wonderful and took our bags up while we checked in so that we didn't have to wait. They offered to keep our car waiting while we ran up to change. We were so touched when we came back down to find bottled water and some snacks waiting for us in the car. We had a very restful night in our room, which had a beautiful view of the ocean and coast. The bed was amazingly comfortable and the room was so clean and well kept. The bathroom was equally beautiful. My only complaint is that the bathtub is way to short for tall people like myself, but even so it was an enjoyable soak, my knees just had to stick out of the water. We had breakfast brought to our room and the server set it up so that we could take in the view from our bay window while eating breakfast. When the bell hop came to take our bags down he remembered us from the night before and asked us how our concert was. We were very touched that people remembered us.
Our only real complaint was that there was some construction taking place in a room near ours that was noisy in the morning. We called the desk and they quickly put it to a stop. When we checked out we mentioned the problem and they were so apologetic and comped a significant portion of our room rate. Apparently it had been a scheduling error with the contractor. It wasn't a huge inconvenience, just annoying, but we were very impressed by the way it was handled. We will definitely return, especially when we have time to enjoy all of the wonderful amenities that they have there. It was a great experience.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Ritz-Carlton, Half Moon Bay, an elite golf and spa resort hotel. With two distinct guest room experiences from the guest houses to our main building, the hotel highlights the beauty of the Northern California coast with a modern and elegant decor. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotwire, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Priceline, Travelocity, Cancelon, Despegar.com, Agoda, TripOnline SA, TravelUp, HotelsClick, Marriott, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your The Ritz-Carlton, Half Moon Bay reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Ritz Carlton Half Moon Bay Hotel Half Moon Bay
- Ritz Carlton Half Moon Bay
- Ritz Half Moon Bay
- Half Moon Bay Ritz Carlton