“Good Service and Friendly Staff”

Half Moon Bay Joe's
Ranked #24 of 101 Restaurants in Half Moon Bay
Cuisines: American, Italian
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed August 15, 2012

We decided to go to Joe's as it was the closest place to the Hotel that we were staying at (the Best Western). This was because we had only got off a Trans Atlantic Flight a few hours before so didn’t want to drive around looking for a place.

Earlier when pulling in to the Hotel, we recognised the Diner as somewhere that we ate lunch at a couple of years before whilst on a road trip. We remembered the food being average but weren’t too bothered as we were tired and hungry and just wanted a burger or something just to fill us up. My wife did have a burger but I chose the Spaghetti and Meatballs which was very nice. The portion size was rather generous, but that’s generally how it is in the US.

The place is dated; in fact I don’t think anything has changed since the last time we were there. But the most important facts are that the food is tasty, the service is good and the staff are friendly.

Reviewed August 5, 2012

The sole and mashed potato was delicious even with gravy in the mash. The Tiramasu was not authentic. Staff very attentive and helpful. Close to the Best Western hotel where we were staying so very handy.

Reviewed July 25, 2012

It was good enough for since we were hungery and really didn't want to go out and find something at the time.

Reviewed July 9, 2012

we stopped on way to san fran, what a wonderful restuarant, very nice staff, had a light light breakfast,fruit cup, bagel, coffee. i noticed other people's food, everything looked so good.next time thru we are stopping by joe's, and find a place to stay in half moon bay, so nice, very scenic location.

Reviewed May 24, 2012

We didn't think there was much choice for dinner in Half Moon Bay, and decided on visiting Joe's because we passed it on our way to the beach. My colleagues and I are so glad we did. From the outside, the place isn't much to look at, and you might say that it could use some interior updating as well, but it was neat, clean, and cozy. It's a diner, not a five-star restaurant. That said, they had a nice wine list, and a menu with a lot of variety. One of my coworkers ordered the lasagna and said it was delicious. The other ordered steak with ravioli and gave it rave reviews as well. I ordered Honey Fried Chicken with mashed potatoes and gravy. I got five pieces of chicken, and a generous portion of potatoes to go with it.....and a salad. I have a pretty big appetite, and I was starving when we got there....I did manage to eat most of the chicken, but I barely put a dent in the mashed potatoes, mostly because I was saving room for dessert. So I ordered the Tiramisu.....and our waiter, also an owner, brought me a HUGE piece. I don't think I ate half of it before I asked for a box and nibbled on it for the next two days. Warm and friendly service and atmosphere....check it out if you're looking for comfort food.