“Over the Moon at Half Moon”

Half Moon Bay Golf Links
More attraction details
Owner description: This resort offers two championship golf courses, the 18-hole Ocean Course and the par-72 Old Course, both with stunning views of the Pacific Ocean.
Reviewed May 13, 2014 via mobile

En route to Carmel from SF on Hwy 1 ... we stopped to checkout what was there ... OMG it looked like the Scottish coast and St. Andrews without the town and history .., we got on and played the Ocean course .. beautiful!

Reviewed April 27, 2014

Played both courses while I stayed at the Hotel. Played the Ocean course at 3 and got a great rate. Played on a beautiful day and almost every hole was a postcard hole. Course played true and I scored a lot better then I did at the Old Course. The Old Course was also a treat, but I paid full rack rate and it was a SLOW day playing 18. The course is a lot tighter than the Ocean course with a lot of great holes. 17 and 18 are the only 2 holes with Ocean views, and both are great holes. I played the Ocean course in less then 4 hours, the Old Course in 5 plus hours...

1  Thank Hagearty
Reviewed March 28, 2014

If you get a chance play both courses they each have unique qualities. While the Ocean course have great views the Old Course will challenge your game with tighter fairways and challenging Par 3 holes.

Reviewed March 8, 2014 via mobile

This course I thought would be challenging, but it was easy enough for me. Had a great time! The view is worth sitting on the golf course for, even if you don't golf. The only down side is during the winter you can't drive the carts on the fairway. Makes it a slower played game.

Reviewed February 9, 2014

The Ocean Course is beautiful. Stunning views throughout (except for a couple of holes on the back nine that go by a trailer park!). Not a hard course at all - a good place to shoot your best score. I have played this course a couple of times and it's in my Top Ten of courses I have played.