“Good food, service lacks”

White Elephant Thai Cuisine
Ranked #46 of 98 Restaurants in Half Moon Bay
Cuisines: Thai
Description: Brand new restaurant -- opened 12/17/2010. In the Safeway plaza in Half Moon Bay, CA. 650-726-6610
Reviewed November 12, 2012

I was in the mood for Thai food which I find myself in a lot and I saw this restaurant and decided to try it. I ordered the Panang curry with chicken and it was really excellent. I had jasmin rice with it but find myself annoyed when they charge for rice. After the meal I ordered the mango w/sticky rice and I really didn't like it. I told the owner that I didn't like it and she just looked at me like I was weird. She didn't take it off the bill either which I found disturbing since she didn't even say "sorry you didn't like it" or something to that affect. The meal was good service lacked the dessert was unremarkable.

Reviewed September 4, 2012

Small family owned Thai restaurant that serves freshly prepared and delicious food. Seafood soup and baby coconut filled with custard were standouts.

Reviewed August 27, 2012

It was relaxing day for me and my son today. On the way back to the hotel we stopped in Half Moon Bay to get some food. My eyes cached little restaurant "White Elephant". As I like elephants very much, we decide to pop in. Wasn't really impressed at first. Nothing special beside few nice hand made elephant pictures, I thought.
Lady, seems like the owner, take an order and left preparing the food. Very soon she came back with our dishes. It was authentic and delicious. I found it bit price but absolutely worth it.
Clean place. But was very quiet. I wish they play some romantic Thai music to make more welcome atmosphere.

Reviewed July 17, 2012

I really liked this Thai restaurant. They have great food. You need to try the dessert that was a Pineapple custard. I can't remember the exact title but it was good (not cheap but delicious). The main dishes are very good especially the Pineapple fried rice. I like Pineapple fried rice generally and this was one of the best. I asked one of the owners what she did to make it so good and I believe she said she cooked the pineapple to help it be more juicy and when added to the whole dish it really helps with the total flavor experience. I hope I remembered how she did this correctly. If you like Thai food you will like this place.

Reviewed June 4, 2012

Chicken vegetable with ginger soup is my favorite. Pad Thai and lots of vegetarian choices