“Great Food!”

White Elephant Thai Cuisine
Ranked #45 of 100 Restaurants in Half Moon Bay
Cuisines: Thai
Description: Brand new restaurant -- opened 12/17/2010. In the Safeway plaza in Half Moon Bay, CA. 650-726-6610
Reviewed April 28, 2012

Very nice family based restaurant. Great food for a good price and excellent service. They close at 9pm so go early.

Reviewed April 14, 2012

Good Thai Food In Half Moon Bay, StrawFlower Shopping Center. Very good Food from a family owners who are very friendly. Also a very Cool Yogurt place called Brazzle Berry around the corner with a unique Yogurt and All You Can Eat Acai Concept....

Reviewed February 21, 2012

I went for lunch on a Monday. They had no lunch items, so I ordered a $10 entree, red curry with chicken. I asked for a little rice with it and she said she usually doesn't, but she would do it. It took almost 30 minutes. The food came to me on a small plate with some chicken, some bamboo shoots, some colorless sauce and a TON of sliced green peppers. Not a green bean in sight (as promised on the menu). I tried to get her attention but she spent most of the time in the kitchen(was she cooking too?) so I continued eating. When I was done, she stopped to get my plate and I pointed out that my food had green peppers instead of green beans. I hate green peppers. She said "Oh,sorry", took my plate and came back with the check. I'm quite sure she was the owner so she could have done more. Although it was recommended to me, I won't be back.

Reviewed December 28, 2011

The restaurant is owned by two sisters - nice ladies who are trying to make a go of it. You won't be disappointed by the quality and value of the food. Highly recommended over the other Thai restaurant in town.

Reviewed December 25, 2011

Wow. I'm really disappointed in this place. Went here because I figured, since Yelpers gave it a 4star rating, it had to be decent. Well it really wasn't. The food was not very good, however, that was not the worst part. This place nickel and dimes customers in a manner that no other Thai places do. 1) I asked if I could get broccoli instead of bell peppers (which it comes with on the menu) in my food. She wouldn't let me. Then she said she could put in cabbage (the cheapest vegetable possible). Well, she charged me a DOLLAR for cabbage and ignored that I didn't want the bell pepper, and put it in also. She was very rude about it and blamed it on the chef who told her to charge us. She would not take it off the bill.

At the same time, the other two people asked for their tofu to be fried in their pad thai and their fried rice. They each got charged a dollar for that. They didn't even ask for the meat that goes in the meal at no extra charge. She said that's what restaurants do these days. One of the people in the party said they woudl never be back and the waitress said "that's fine". No apology whatsoever.

So the food is 2.5 star Thai food. The service is 0, and the atmosphere, which is very ramshacle, is about 2.5 as well. I thin they are living on their laurels as the only Thai place in the area, particularly because there are lots of tourists in the area. Do yourself a favor and don't come here.

Also, the prices for food here is very high to begin with, before they nickel and dime you for things like exchanging cabbage for bell peppers. They charge a minimum of 2 dollars for RICE! I have never ever seen that at a Thai restaurant. Panang curry for 12 dollars PLUS the money for the rice. That is nuts! The noodle dishes were 9.99 or 10.99 as well, which are about a dollar or 2 more than most restaurants.

1  Thank GlendaleCA