“Do NOT order delivery!”

Cuisines: Chinese
Description: N/a
Description: N/a
Reviewed December 9, 2011

Oh my goodness - we got a flier advertising delivery on the Coast and decided to give it a try one of those nights you just can't get it together. I know the place is Chinese food, but really, they need someone to answer the phone who can understand English well! The order was almost right, but not hot anymore, and although we gave them a credit card over the phone, the delivery driver demanded cash for the order, saying they didn't take credit cards for delivery. Huh??? We were not double-charged, but it was a major hassle, nonetheless, and the food was just ok.

Reviewed March 19, 2011

I thought that my prayers (literally, I have prayed for this!) for a decent Chinese restaurant here on the central San Mateo County coast had been answered when this restaurant opened. My husband and I went for lunch and liked it so much that we took our friends there for dinner the following week to introduce them to the great new restaurant that we had discovered! They had taken care of our little dog for us when we were on vacation and we wanted to do something special for them.

Imagine our dismay when dish after dish that came to our table bordered on the inedible. Of the six things we ordered, only our friend's Shu Mai appetizer was good. I don't understand how there could have been that much of a difference in the quality of the food from the week before, and the consistency from dish to dish of just how bad it was.
We wound up spending the evening apologizing to our friends for not only wasting their time, but subjecting them to such a bad experience. All four of us agreed that the food was thoroughly terrible. The only thing positive besides the Shu Mai was that we didn't get sick, so thank God for that!

Even though this is the closest Chinese restaurant to our home, I can't bring myself to give them another chance. And, my husband will verify the fact that I can easily eat Chinese food seven days a week if I had no self control.

So, this has been a major disappointment to me. It pains me to drive by the place. Luckily, a really good Chinese restaurant has since opened about 5 miles further down the road, so I no longer have to drive almost an hour round trip for a good Chinese meal.

The reason I am giving the food two out of five, instead of one out of five, is that the lunch we had had there first was good.

Reviewed August 4, 2010

We are visiting Half Moon Bay and decided to have Chinese food. We picked the Asian King and were so pleased. The food was great andf prices very reasonable.