“Relaxing, comfortable, romantic with a spectacular view of the beach from the bed!”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Half Moon Bay
The Inn at Mavericks
Ranked #4 of 11 Half Moon Bay B&B and Inns
Reviewed April 23, 2010

It was easy to book the room and the service was great. The bed is SOOOO comfortable, you can sleep all day! We were walking distance from several restaurants, breakfast place, hiking trail. DVD, the big TV screen and wireless if you can't live without it. For coffee aficionados, bring your own coffee maker & coffee grounds. We will come back to visit again! It was very relaxing!

• Stayed: April 2010, traveled as a couple
There are newer reviews for The Inn at Mavericks

Reviewed April 12, 2010

This was our 4th visit and it was amazing. We have been coming here since 2003. The weather wasn't the greatest but it didn't matter considering how beautiful inside the rooms are. I'm only bummed they increased the rates after they remodeld so it leaves visits far less frequent. Nevertheless, will return whenever we can.

• Stayed: April 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed April 5, 2010

Arrival at the Inn at Mavericks was perfect. Ample parking surrounded
by beautiful trees and flowers. Once in the room, the view is well worth the
visit. It was absolutely stunning. Overlooking the harbor and beach below,
without foot traffic outside your patio. Comfortable relaxing chairs and soft surf to chase away any stress. Nearby restaurants within walking distance.
Sit back, relax and forget your cares. Will return again soon.

• Stayed: March 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed March 16, 2010

Pros: Clean, nicely decorated, snack bar included; Keurig coffee maker; beautiful view; internet access; large TV; comfortable; gas fireplace; housekeeping very friendly.

Ways to Improve: VERY POOR CUSTOMER SERVICE!! No ability to communicate with Innkeeper!! On our last morning, the fireplace wouldn't turn on. We called Innkeeper's cell phone number and it was non working and the number of the Inn just took a message. No one EVER returned the call. It was quite cold that morning. What if the toliet overflowed or some other problem? VERY bad customer relation! The king bed was very, very firm. It really needed some softness. Continental breakfast would be a plus.

• Stayed: March 2010, traveled with family
Reviewed March 9, 2010

I first learned of Inn at Mavericks via TripAdvisor...and SO glad I did. I very much enjoyed it. Room was lovely, view was great. Very private. My only possible complaint would be the weird empty lot behind the inn, not very attractive. But that certainly would not keep me away. The room was very nice and modern...I have no idea why some other reviews worry about the foghorn, as it was not loud enough to be any inconvenience whatsoever, in fact rather comforting to hear off in the distance. I would absolutely return to to this Inn...in fact, can not wait to!

• Stayed: March 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed February 18, 2010

Valentine's Day and we arrived to a cozy little building. It has 6 rooms total, 3 upstairs and 3 downstairs. We were in the downstairs room without a bath tub. The shower was very roomy with enough room for two. The patio door opens to a wonderful seating area within a fenced area, just like the pictures on the website. It looks out into a quite sea wall protected area next to the marina. We lucked out and had sunny weather for 2 days. The room has enough room to move a love seat and otteman to in front of the TV for optimal viewing. There is a table and 2 chairs to sit at. There is a gas stove in the corner of the room that is controlled by a thermostat. It can get a little noisy from the upper floor if they have heavy feet. They provided snacks, hot chocolate and coffee in the room. I am a coffee snob, so the Keurig coffee was not to my liking. Very clean room with a great view. A few great restaurants within walking distance. Mezza Luna, Half Moon Bay Brewing Company, and Barbara's Fish Trap.

• Stayed: February 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed February 16, 2010

I was a little nervous about this reservation because they were charging me in advance, yet never answered their phone so that I could confirm receipt of my online reservation. Call me old fashioned but I usually like to call ahead and confirm, ask questions etc. But, we took a chance and made the drive, telling ourselves that if we had no room, we'd just ask for our money back and turn around and sleep in our own bed!

Thankfully, we were more than pleasantly surprised to find SUCH a tasteful, beautifully re-done, 6-room getaway -- just as the website says it is. We stayed in Room #5 and it was Perfect. Nothing like sleeping to the sound of the ocean (and a fog horn) and waking to the site of the Bay just beyond our toes. The in-room stove was a romantic and much appreciated touch. As was the flat screen tv so that we could catch some of the Olympics. The housekeeping staff was very friendly and nice. I was Extremely happy to find a person on property when we arrived. The rooms are very tastefully done. In fact, I took pictures of the bath, because I would design my own bath in that color / style! Location was perfect for walks on the beach or walking into town. It was very nice to pay one price and have everything included once we were there, such as snacks in the room, coffee, etc. Loved it.

• Stayed: February 2010, traveled as a couple