The Inn at Mavericks
Comfort Inn Half Moon Bay(Half Moon Bay)(Great Value!)
$135
Beach House at Half Moon Bay(Half Moon Bay)(Great Value!)
$265
$200
$924
$849
  • Pool
  • Beachfront
Half Moon Bay Lodge(Half Moon Bay)(Great Value!)
$246
$219
Official Site
Harbor View Inn(Half Moon Bay)
$189
$161
Oceano Hotel & Spa Half Moon Bay(Half Moon Bay)(Great Value!)
$259
Travelocity
Coastside Inn(Half Moon Bay)
$159
Travelocity
$149
No availability for your dates from our partners
  • Fitness center
All reviewsfog hornflat rockfree snackspoop bagssea lionsfire pitwithin walking distanceview from the balconyoverlooking the watercoffee makerpillar pointoverlooking the baylocation is greatspacious bathroomsliding doorlittle thingsking bed
Reviewed August 22, 2013 via mobile

Let me say the Inn at Maverick's is a 5 star experience. The only reason I gave it a 4 for the overall experience is due to the foghorn.

We found the Inn through our friends who had been there two weeks prior with a new baby. We were celebrating our anniversary and we needed a pet friendly location and wanted to be on the water. What a fabulous inn! I almost don't want to write a review because I want to keep this jewel to myself.

The first thing I always do is check the bathroom and the bed for cleanliness. Our room passed with flying colors. The bed was very comfortable with extra blankets and 4 pillows. The white towels were high quality. There were special touches everywhere - complimentary bottled water, cookies, crackers, chips, fruit, dog bowls, dog treats, dog towel, a guest journal to write in, binoculars, chocolates and ear plugs. We've never stayed anywhere where they're so generous and thoughtful.

The bathroom is large and modern with good water pressure and a great shower head. It also has a deep 2 person soaking tub and full length mirror.

The outside area was spotless (no prior pet evidence) with a manicured strip of lawn and patio chairs to watch the boats coming in and out and even people doing yoga on surfboards! So relaxing.

As others have mentioned, the fog horn can be distracting. I used the complimentary earplugs and slept pretty well. My husband didn't use them and had a harder time sleeping. (Next time he'll use them-lol.)

We only wish we could have stayed longer. We will definitely be going back. Love this place.

PS-My husband left his glasses in the room and Allen, the Inn Manager, called and texted him before we even made it home to let him know. He immediately mailed them to us. That's service!

• Stayed: August 2013
2  Thank 1tofasn8u
Reviewed August 15, 2013

I live in the Bay Area tho' not on the water. And sometimes the Bay, the Pacific Ocean calls for a bit of a inn break near the water. Seeing my dog running on the nearby beach in full-on runs, I had to smile. I was 16 miles away from home and a world away. Cue the feeling of vacation without the airport slog or long-distance drive.
The Inn's sleeping room was sweet, comfy and relaxing. I walked to close by restaurants and even closer beaches. It is low key, homey and I loved it. The private fenced yards on the first floor are perfect for the pooch and it's nice for humans too.
Special thanks to Allen for accommodating a date change due to a work demand. I do hope to go back soon.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank arizonarutz
Reviewed August 12, 2013

We received a $350 gift certificate to stay here. Looked online, checked out the rooms, called the reservation number listed on the gift certificate. "Oh, I am sorry, you have to speak to the Innkeeper yourself to book a room with a gift certificate". Okay, so I dial another number to reach the innkeeper, Allen. He answers and does help me book a room, but his tone and affect are so inhospitable that I already have a bad feeling about this. The feeling that I got from Allen was not that of a host. I felt like I was bothering him.

Later, he emailed us to tell us that he couldn't find the gift certificate. So, we mail it to him. Does he ever apologize for this?

Allen is marketing the Inn at The Mavericks as a luxury venue ($265 per night!). At those prices, I want my luxury to begin the moment I call in for a reservation. That's the way it works at other venues.

The Inn at the Mavericks is basically a 2-story box right on the coast of Half Moon Bay. Once you are in your room, your view is fantastic. But it is in a semi-industrial area and the approach is a bit funky.

Our room was tastefully decorated and set up. King size bed with (new) Temperpedic mattress, nice linens, and a nice bathroom with wonderful bathrobes and towels. There is a coffeemaker, real cream, blankets to use when you are on the patio looking out at the water, ear plugs if the fog horn gets to you (it didn't bother me, but it did bother my husband....it honks once every 8 or 9 seconds, 24/7), and even a nice pair of binocs to use to check out seabirds, boats, scenery. We brought our small dog, and for an extra charge of $25, there was a nice dog packet of treats, etc.

However, for $265 a night, I expect a clean area rug in the room. This one was faded and had several doggie pee spots on it. REALLY?!?!? Take some of that money you are making, Allen, and go to TJ Maxx and buy some clean, cheap area rugs. Throw the old ones away!

Also, I did not appreciate having to get up 4 times in the night to fit the sheets back on the bed. The sheets do not fit hte new mattresses, and my sheet corner kept coming off. Ugh.

Wouldn't go back, the beautiful view notwithstanding.....there are plenty of other nice spots in that area.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
3  Thank bikegem
Reviewed August 9, 2013

My husband and I had the opportunity to get away by ourselves for a few days (our daughter was away at camp) and wanted to find a place within 2 hours of our house with a beautiful view that would give us the opportunity to completely relax. The Inn at Mavericks completely fit the bill! We reserved 2 nights in the Mavericks room and it was almost completely perfect: We had a complete patio view of the Pillar Point harbor: water, sailboats, pelicans, perfect! The only issue we'd mention are minimal: the late afternoons our room was on the flight path of the Half Moon Bay airport. Other than that, everything was completely perfect! We were able to bring our sweet miniature dachshund, Sadie....they thought of almost ever special amenity: binoculars, a basket for our dog, complimentary water and snacks, a beautiful patio ( I told my husband that I thought we were in a special fog-free zone! Many of the places we visited during the day were fogged in, but when we came back to the room the sun was shining!), etc., etc. It was such a special few days and we hope to come back again soon!

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 22, 2013

What an amazing treat. From the extremely well appointed room, to the amazing view...we couldn't ask for more (except for more vacation days). This place is a gem and the fact that we could bring our dog made it a great find.

No detail was left overlooked in these rooms/patio areas. From the fenced mini yard, adjacent fire pit area, binoculars, earplugs (we...loved listening to the faint fog horn in the background), Keurig coffee bar, treats, H20 and...even special goodies for those traveling with pets. It was great having a nice size fridge, microwave and mini kitchenette area too.

Well done!!