The Inn at Mavericks
$399
Half Moon Bay Lodge(Half Moon Bay)(Great Value!)
$266
Comfort Inn Half Moon Bay(Half Moon Bay)(Great Value!)
$190
$135
ComfortInn
Savings alert! 13% below average rates

The price you found is 13% lower than this hotel's average rate of $155/night.

$180
Cypress Inn on Miramar Beach(Half Moon Bay)(Great Value!)
$307
$290
Savings alert! 15% below average rates

The price you found is 15% lower than this hotel's average rate of $342/night.

Mill Rose Inn(Half Moon Bay)
$414
Oceano Hotel & Spa Half Moon Bay(Half Moon Bay)(Great Value!)
$259
Coastside Inn(Half Moon Bay)
$159
$154
$879
RitzCarlton.com
  • Pool
  • Beachfront
Nantucket Whale Inn(Half Moon Bay)
No availability for your dates from our partners
All reviewsfog hornflat rockfree snackspoop bagsgift cardsea lionsfire pitwithin walking distanceview from the balconybottle of wineoverlooking the watercoffee makerpillar pointoverlooking the baylocation is greatspacious bathroomsliding door
Reviewed March 10, 2013

Hello,
My name is Moises Anaya. I have celebrated my Honeymoon 12/18/2011 and My first year anniversary 12/18/2012 at the Inn at mavericks! My Wife and I enjoyed the sound of the fog horn so we don't use the ear plugs that the Inn does provide. The Rest room is Wonderful specially if you like to soak in the tub! My wife enjoys it!! I personally like the sunrise and the sunset! We Had a couple stormy nights, but we loved it. My wife was scared of the lightning and thunder but I did my part and sheltered her from harms way! It was so nice to get a lightning show at night! She later admitted that she enjoyed that lightning night the most!

The nook fit our needs when celebrating our first year anniversary. on our third night stay, my daughter got flown in From Los Angeles, Ca because she became ill, our baby sitter could not take care of her any more so we picked her up at the airport and brought her in to the inn. The nook has a small refrigator that kept our daughters medicine,food and beverages while we stayed. This was perfect.

Yes! I would like The Maverick's to be bigger but its awesome just the way it is. The Inn Keeper Mr. Goodman Is a Total Gentleman. The house keepers do a great Job! The sheets, pillow cases & Covers smell Crispy clean.

I like this place so much that I wouldn't want anyone else to know about it, But here I am sharing some of my wonderful and amazing experience.

Moises Anaya

• Stayed: December 2012
2  Thank Moetrical
Reviewed February 20, 2013

We stayed here last October. Sadly, it was a very foggy week. :(

The room itself is gorgeous. Very spacious (even the bathroom!), warm, with sliding glass door and huge windows ~ letting the Bay views in.

We're more of a B&B type of travelers, but we appreciate beautiful Inns like the Mavericks. The room rate did not include breakfast, in fact, there is no restaurant whatsoever ~ just rooms in 2 stories building. However, they provide you a 'welcome basket' ~ filled with fruits and snacks. There was even a bottle of red wine waiting for us when we got there (and we didn't reserve any packages with wine!). A nice surprise and sweet gesture, indeed.

We brought earplugs, in preparation for the smog horn. But the sound still sipped through. I guess if you're a light sleeper, you may want to consider this more. To some people, the horn sounds like a lullaby while to others, it may keep you awake all night long!

Room Tip: We personally prefer the 2nd floor rooms, since it gives us just a 'tad' of better view. :)
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed December 30, 2012

Hotel accommodations in Half Moon Bay are a mixed bag. There are high end places like the Ritz Carlton and also the lower end chains like Comfort Inn. The Inn at Mavericks falls in the middle and it was a huge relief to find a place that would allow dogs over the Christmas holiday (extra charge of $25 per day - ouch!). The location is lovely, seaside, right overlooking the bay with nearby conveniences and great walks. The parking is close and free. There is some construction underway right next door which led us astray as we were trying to find the place. The room comes with a gas fueled fireplace which does a good job of warming the room. Mostly we didn't need it even though mid-winter. The upper floor rooms have a small balcony and the ground floor rooms have small grassy yards. The bathroom is very spacious and well appointed with a jacuzzi tub. There are Crabtree & Evelyn toiletries and good towels. The kitchen nook is exactly that, a nook, with a mini-refrigerator and a microwave. There is a small keurig although it made a terrible cup of coffee. They provide various snacks like microwave popcorn and chips. You can find glasses for all kinds of drinks (wine, champagne etc) but very limited offerings for other kitchen utensils. There are some decent restaurants in walking distance but fairly pricey. As other reviewers have noted, the fog horn sounds constantly. I really wanted to keep the balcony door open in order to breathe the fresh sea air but the horn was very loud. I was able to sleep through it but my partner was up all night. The bed was strangely lumpy. There appeared to be a ridge down the center and different levels of hardness on each side but not consistently. For the price I'd expect a higher quality mattress. There is free internet and a flat screen TV. Overall we had a comfortable stay although I think it is a little pricey for what we got.

Room Tip: The downstairs rooms have outside yards and are dog-friendly.
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank HuntressCA
Reviewed December 20, 2012

What I liked most about our visit to Half Moon Bay was staying at Inn At Mavericks and being able to walk a block and have multiple restaurants to select from, a couple of really nice late-night music venues, rent a kayak or paddle-board or stroll the wharf. When you are done you get to come back to an elegant perfect little inn... I am not sure it gets better. wait... it does... look at the photo I took from the room's deck.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed November 22, 2012

We spent our 35th Wedding anniversary here! It was a delight to have so much room to spread out in. The colors and decor were very relaxing. I did not like the foghorn one bit. The management graciously provides ear plugs, however if you're a light sleeper you should bring heavy duty ones. The bed was okay, had valleys in it which I find is he case with lots of beds that are King Size. My only complaint was we choose the anniversary package which included wine and chocolates. The wine was not a California wine. It would be great with all the winery's around the area to have a local one provided. I'm a shop local, eat local person.

Room Tip: Choose a corner room.
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple