The Inn at Mavericks
$399
Beach House at Half Moon Bay(Half Moon Bay)(Great Value!)
$305
$285
Comfort Inn Half Moon Bay(Half Moon Bay)(Great Value!)
$178
$143
ComfortInn
Cypress Inn on Miramar Beach(Half Moon Bay)(Great Value!)
$362
$351
Oceano Hotel & Spa Half Moon Bay(Half Moon Bay)(Great Value!)
$299
$259
Hotels.com
Mill Rose Inn(Half Moon Bay)
$414
Nantucket Whale Inn(Half Moon Bay)(Great Value!)
$388
$859
RitzCarlton.com
  • Pool
  • Beachfront
Coastside Inn(Half Moon Bay)
All reviewsfog hornflat rockfree snackspoop bagsgift cardsea lionsfire pitwithin walking distanceview from the balconybottle of wineoverlooking the watercoffee makerpillar pointoverlooking the baylocation is greatspacious bathroomsliding door
Reviewed July 9, 2012

My husband and I found serenity in a big way at this little inn. I think my large dog even found serenity too.
The room was very clean and a nice size with a fridge, microwave, dvd player, plus free wi-fi and parking (nice). Some other wonderful perks was the goodie basket for us plus a goodie snack bag for our dog. We felt so welcomed from the moment we walked in.
Since we brought our dog and we don't like to leave him in the car while we eat we opted on ordering take out from local resturants and brought it back to the room. The room has a nice dining table so we were able to have wonderful meals with a beautiful ocean view.
Note; the owner is always avaliable to call but not always on the property. He did come and check with us to see if we needed anything which was great for us but if your the type of person that need staff 24/7 maybe this place isn't for you.
We love this inn and we can't wait to take our doggy back.

Room Tip: We stayed in the Jetty room which was an end unit on the bottom floor
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 8, 2012

From the kuerig that allowed my favorite coffee in the morning, to the sound of waves, foghorn (yes it was comforting to me, when I heard it-frankly my phone beeps was was more disturbing) to the balcony view of clammersveach morning, the birds and kyackers and paddle boarders, a feast of watching. And just the view. Right on the water.

The beds. Oh so comfy. Like sleeping on a cloud. And its always Clean clean clean. Stocked w snacks and glasses of all kinds w plates and flatware. With a fridge to chill the goodies you pick up. Mine was crab. Pick up whole @Princeton Seafood Market. They will clean and crack at no charge. Buy bread there too. Better buy than at restaurants. Oysters at Ketch Joanne and their crab Louie is the best.

Allen is wonderful.

Downstairs has individual yards for pooches. Upstairs has balcony.

If you wanna feel pampered this is the place. I have stayed at the "O" that is close by. My money will always be here.

Stayed: July 2012
1  Thank Pabtravels
Reviewed July 1, 2012

My husband and I, plus our two, older labrador retrievers, stayed at The Inn at Mavericks for two nights last week while the floors at our house were being refinished. We could not have found a better place! The room was large and cozy with a wonderful ground level patio for the dogs to go out to whenever they weren't sleeping:) We enjoyed being in the room and also enjoyed walks to near-by restaurants (where the dogs were welcome on the outside patio) and to the beach. Our stay really couldn't have been better. The bed was supremely comfortable, the bathtub was huge (as was the bathroom), the provided robe was a pleasure and Allen was available for general good cheer and anything he could help us with.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Sue L
Reviewed June 16, 2012

Yes, if you are a light sleeper you will need earplugs......but, they are so worth it! This is a hidden gem. From the superb view, the solitude, the beautifully decorated room, the so comfy bed, plus goodies supplied by the inn....you will be delighted with your stay. We opened up the door, and just let out a sign of peacefulness! We will most definitely be back!

Room Tip: If you gave a pet, the Flat Rock room was great, although we will be trying all the others, as well!
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed April 25, 2012

This is a very nice inn with renovated bathrooms and beautiful views. The main issue is the fog horn, as some other guests have noted. I grew up in San Francisco, with distant fog horns soothing me to sleep. This is certainly not the case here: For whatever reason, this fog horn blasts very frequently (every few minutes), day and night, no matter what the weather. It never stops. The blasts are less noticeable during the day, when you are distracted with other activities, but it is truly disturbing at night. Perhaps the very attentive inn keeper should include ear plugs in the welcome tray of snacks? We also thought that the mattress in Ross's Cove needed to be changed as my husband kept slipping into a large wallow created by a former, heavy guest. I appreciate the experience that the inn keeper is trying to create here, but would not return due to the annoying fog horn which made complete relaxation challenging.

Room Tip: If you are willing to brave the fog horn and are not traveling with an animal, the two upper-floor corner suites are the nicest rooms.
  • Stayed: April 2012, traveled as a couple