“Convenient and friendly”

Comfort Inn Half Moon Bay
Ranked #5 of 8 Hotels in Half Moon Bay
Reviewed January 7, 2014

I had to book a room here for New Year's Eve the day before, and was able to get the last room available, and at a very reasonable price. They happily accommodated me with an early check-in. Room was clean and comfortable. I thought the bed was average, but my boyfriend thought it was one of the most comfortable beds he's slept in in a hotel in a very long time. Good hot & cold choices for breakfast in the morning. Walking distance to a beach. I would definitely recommend this hotel to others.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple

Reviewed January 5, 2014

This hotel is clean and well-maintained with basic rooms and amenities. Front desk staff are very friendly. We experienced some road noise but it did not detract or prevent sleep. Surprisingly excellent breakfast (for a Comfort Inn) with many choices (hot brkfst sausage, eggs w/cheese, tea biscuit, waffles) fruit, yogurt, cold boiled eggs, cereal, toast and some pastries).

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed December 27, 2013 via mobile

Sauage patties, eggs, waffles, sweet rolls, coffee and several kinds of fruit made a nice breakfast. Everything was well stocked. Room had one king bed as well as a sitting area with couch and coffee table. Room also included a desk. It was a good layout for relaxing in the evening and reading in the morning. Seemed very clean. A nice place to keep on a list for another visit.

Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Fred S
Reviewed December 10, 2013

While I didn't stay here - I had a reservation hiccup that the manager was kind enough to assist me with. I appreciated it and will definitely stay here in the future! It's a great location and they take pets. Half Moon Bay is a wonderful city and I can't wait to go.

Stayed: November 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed November 17, 2013

this Comfort Inn was the best we have stayed in in 5 years from the clean spacious room to the awesome breakfast, which I might add was the best in any Hotel we have ever had such a variety from the 3 different fruits to the cheese omelets and sausage to the waffles, loved the staff they were very helpful and friendly

Room Tip: there all good you cant go wrong staying here
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 31, 2013

I used our Choice Hotels points and returned to the Comfort Inn in Half Moon Bay for a get-away weekend. On our last trip my wife was having some medical issues so this trip was much more enjoyable. The staff is very friendly and helpful.

The breakfast offers a wide variety of choices and there is ample seating room for the guests when the meeting room is also available.

This is a Choice Hotels property I have put on my list of favorites and places to which we will return.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 22, 2013

This hotel was very clean and the folks at the front desk were consistently friendly, knowledgeable and helpful. I didn't like paying "the going rate" for the area when there were only a handful of guests in the hotel. I realize this is NOT related to the Comfort Inn. All the hotels I checked in Half Moon Bay were still charging summer rates (it was LATE summer, VERY COLD). That makes sense to me if you have a summer crowd...but that was NOT the case. I liked the location - easy walk from just back of the hotel, along the coast to a nice harbor area with great restaurants. Would definitely stay here again.

Stayed: August 2013, traveled solo
Best Western Plus El Rancho Inn
Coastside Inn
Coastside Inn
#7 of 8 in Half Moon Bay

Been to Comfort Inn Half Moon Bay? Share your experiences!