“Coastal ambience in Half Moon Bay”

Comfort Inn Half Moon Bay
Ranked #5 of 8 Hotels in Half Moon Bay
Sarasota
“Coastal ambience in Half Moon Bay”
Reviewed April 4, 2013

This hotel was a really good value. The location was great - right next to the surf shop that we rented our equipment from - and the staff was very friendly and competent. The rooms were clean and comfortable. The continental breakfast was very good, and the coffee exceptional. Quiet and restful. An overall good experience. Would definitely stay again. Oh, and they were great to recommend an excellant seafood restaurant, with the best fish tacos ever!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (79)
Sacramento, California
Reviewed March 27, 2013

I booked a room at Comfort Inn only one day in advance...and they actually had one available! The room was nice and clean and even though the hotel is situated right on Cabrillo Highway, you could barely hear the cars passing though. Breakfast was yummy and included my favorites of oatmeal, boiled eggs, and orange juice. I will definitely be back for my next Half Moon Bay getaway!

Room Tip: Get down to breakfast early--it can get crowded fast.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank Brenda T
Chicagoland
Reviewed March 16, 2013

Found myself in the Half Moon Bay Area on a business trip. Decided to drive here from SFO (about 25 minutes away) and start my business after traffic settled the following day.
Found this town to be unlike the rest of the Bay Area- peaceful, funky vibe and a nice place to relax. I opened up Trip Advisor, read a few reviews, and decided to come here if they could get me in at a reasonable rate.
I read other reviews about guest and traffic noise and realized that there might be more truth to that during the busy summer season. As far as my stay, I valued the close location to the harbor and the great restaurants a 5 minute car ride away.
Kris checked me in with a friendly smile, helped me get oriented and sent me to a quite adequate room. Good safe parking, nice clean room on the larger side and in room "stuff" was better than average in this price class.
Bottom line- I came back for a second night a couple nights later rather than book into any number of places on the other side of the hill.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
mass
Reviewed March 14, 2013

Stayed one night since the Best Western in town was recently sold to a local hotel chain. Staff at desk was pleasant, had a 2nd floor room next to the street. Room felt as thou I was on the 70's show. Tube tv, worn bedding, 2 towels and a bedspread that came from the 1970's. Room was clean. Noisy till about 10pm at nite since I was next to the road. Breakfast was a waffle maker, small muffins, juice, coffee and yogurt. I checked in at 10pm and asked if I could take a milk that was in the mini fridge on the breakfast bar, but the desk person told me NO, they are counted till breakfast. Could not figure that out. Alright place to stay if all the other hotels are sold out.

Room Tip: TO the back of the hotel away from the road.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Portland, Oregon
Reviewed March 12, 2013

My wife and I stay here every time we go to Half Moon Bay to visit our daughters and grandchildren, all of whom live in the area. We're usually there for 3-5 nights at a time. The motel is clean, comfortable, quiet, and convenient. We always try to get a room in the back (away from the highway) or in the auxiliary building. The units we've had have always been spacious, with king size bed, sofa, desk, refrigerator, good HVAC systems, and reasonably priced (considering it's California). Parking is very convenient. The breakfast is nothing special, but quite adequate, and if you really care there are other good breakfast places in the vicinity. Highly recommended.

Room Tip: The quieter rooms are in back.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank BobConklin
Sausalito, California
Reviewed February 14, 2013

I've stayed at this Comfort Inn several times, and it has always been the most relaxing moment for me. It's a place I go to when I need to unwind. The salt air, mixed with the tranquility, top rate rooms and beds PLUS proximity to Sam's Chowder House, make it a very pleasant escape. It really seems like a 4 star hotel, very new with upgrades. I'm glad to have the opportunity to recommend it. Can't wait to go again. About 12 miles south of San Francisco on Highway 1.

Room Tip: Don't believe it has a restaurant, but coffee in rooms
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled solo
Glendale, Arizona
Reviewed February 6, 2013

Our first time staying at this Comfort Inn.The rooms are clean, larger than some of the 5 star hotels. The breakfast was very nice. We went to Golden Gate Bridge,Golden Gate Park,etc.and came back with quiet night sleep. We walked to the bay in the morning, and my girl loved cereal bars that were in our room.We can not ask for more. I will be back again.

Room Tip: all room quiet
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with family