“Great location!”

Ranked #1 of 11 Half Moon Bay B&B and Inns
Denver, Colorado
“Great location!”
Reviewed July 12, 2010

My husband and I stayed here during our honeymoon. The location was absolutely perfect - our balcony looked onto the ocean. The rooms (we stayed In Pigeon Point) were large and comfortable. The furnishings are a little outdated, definitely not top of the line. However, it was VERY comfortable and relaxing. Nice flat screen TVs and I-Pod docks in the rooms.

The room was nice and clean but there was no turn down service, as I would have expected. Also, we opted to go with the "Romance" package. We figured they'd do up our room, but they just put a bottle of champane and chocolates on the table. We signed up for the Romance package to get the $75 gift certificate but next time I'd skip this as the restaurants they have gift certificates too aren't anything special.

Everyone else raved about the food, however, having stayed at other bed and breakfasts, this was nothing special. The food wasn't always homemade - one morning we got some kind of frozen breakfast burritos. But there were quite a few options and nice fresh fruit. The appetizer hour was really just wine and cheese. And the dessert hour was a boxed cake one night! (Skip the dessert!)

Overall, our experience was good. However, after reading some of the reviews on Trip Advisor before we went, we assumed it would be AMAZING.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (150)
  • Polish first
Maple Grove, Minnesota
Reviewed June 24, 2010

Wow, staying on the ocean in an uncrowded area...getting spoiled with a great breakfast, appetizers and wine at 5:00 PM, and dessert afterwards...in a room facing the ocean and hearing the constant waves crashing to the shore...watching surfers trying to catch waves...strolling into Half Moon Bay...this is the ultimate romantic getaway...

Fairly reasonable rates considering the amenities...aim for mid-week stay if possible to enjoy a cheaper stay...

• Stayed June 2010, traveled as a couple
Roseville, CA
Reviewed May 26, 2010

I booked the Inn to celebrate my husband and I's 18th wedding anniversary. From the moment we got there, I knew I had found a jewel of a place. I wanted something on the beach. That was my main requirement. We were not disappointed! When we got there, our room ( La Estrella) was ready for us, and we were able to check in 3 hours early. We were greeted by Gail who showed us around and made us feel at home.

The first evening we enjoyed the complimentary wine and cheese, followed by coffee and dessert a little later in the evening. We went to bed with our door wide open to fall asleep to the sound of the ocean. Very peaceful. Both mornings we opted to have our gourmet breakfast brought to our room (complimentary I might add). It was absolutely wonderful, and we were both full afterwards. The coffee is outstanding I might add(which is available throughout the whole day) and is roasted locally, so it's very fresh.

One of the other things I would say about this Inn is, I think it is most suited for couples. I don't think it is a place you would want to bring your kids. That is one of the things that made it so nice. It was VERY quiet.

We stayed for 2 nights and 3 days, and had such a relaxing time. Thank you Cypress Inn staff for making our trip one to remember. We will most definitely be back for many years to come!!!

• Stayed May 2010, traveled as a couple
Truckee, California, USA
Reviewed May 10, 2010

I had a seminar to attend in San Francisco and didn't want to stay in the city, so my husband and I opted for the Cypress Inn and were very pleased with our choice. Our second floor room is their smallest, but it was clean and well appointed. The atmosphere was very relaxed and comfortable, the innkeepers attentive and friendly, the food delicious. We slept comfortably with our deck doors open wide all night. When I was unable to sleep, I simply headed downstairs at 2:00 a.m. and read, munching on cookies left from our evening's dessert offering. Chantelle gives a wonderful massage and I highly recommend her services! We thoroughly enjoyed our stay and hope to return soon.

• Stayed May 2010, traveled on business
Oakland, California
Reviewed May 4, 2010

We elected to travel to Half Moon Bay for a mini vacation and chose the Cypress Inn on Miramar Beach. We were excited to discover that it was a bed & breakfast property and greatly enjoyed our expected 2-night stay. When it came time to check out, we decided we just couldn't leave and had to stay one more day. The management was glad to accomodate us and we enjoyed a final night's stay at the Inn.

I would highly recommend this property to anyone who wants to stay right at the ocean and just one block away from the famous Miramar Beach Restaurant.

• Stayed May 2010, traveled as a couple
Lexington, Kentucky
Reviewed April 28, 2010

We recently took a trip to coastal CA. This was by far the best place we stayed along the coast. Great service, view, and location.

• Stayed April 2010, traveled with family
Reviewed April 12, 2010

Staff was friendly, room and view of the ocean 50 feet away was great. slept with the door open and hearing the soothing waves was perfect. The bed was a queen and felt like we were sleeping on a board. sheets were clean and comfortable. The two hours of wine and appetizers were great followed by. a nice desert. breakfast was hot and filling. I would stay there again knowing that i may not have a plush bed..

• Stayed March 2010, traveled on business