This small inn is directly on the ocean with just a little street with virtually no traffic between the inn and the sand. So the location is perfect if you are needing some beach walks, falling asleep to the crashing of waves and comfort. My room was smallish, but nicely appointed, red tile floors, nice bedding, sliders to the small balcony/patio and clean, acceptable bathroom. My only complaint was the noise inside the hotel. My room (El Mar) was next to reception, kitchen and eating area and so in the mornings, it was easy to hear all the prep and service, dishes and guests. So if sleeping in is important, choose a different room, maybe upstairs. There was also plumbing/shower noise from above. But the innkeeper was pleasant, the service of happy hour with good local wine, simple cheese plate and a hot dish (wings one night, a pesto-mushroom kind of dip the next) was tasty and the other guests friendly & convivial.
The room was showing some wear and tear but that wouldnt stop me from staying here again. The beach was just wonderful. Don't forget though that this part of the CA coast can be very cold and foggy in summer. My shorts, tanktop, sunscreen and bathing suit stayed in the suitcase and I was grateful I had remembered at the last minute to throw in a sweater that I never took off over my yoga pants and tshirt. I would have been happier with a heavy sweatshirt and jeans. :)
The town is a short drive and darling, nice restaurants, upscale shops and cafes. In walking distance to the Inn is the Miramar Beach Restaurant with spectacular views, good food (mostly seafood) and a nice outdoor glassed in patio with heaters and community fire pits. I met interesting people both nights that I ate there. Fascinating prohibition history too - it was a former speakeasy/bordello!
All in all, I'd return to Half Moon Bay and Cypress Inn again for restful, ocean inspired getaway.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- On Miramar Beach in Half Moon Bay, sights and sounds of the Pacific are just outside your door at the Cypress Inn. Eighteen rooms and suites offer dramatic ocean views, and each features luxurious feather beds, fireplaces and private baths. Guests are treated to a full breakfast each morning and a selection of wine and hors d’oeuvres are freshly prepared each afternoon. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Hotwire and Odigeo so you can book your Cypress Inn on Miramar Beach reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Cypress Inn On Miramar Beach Hotel Half Moon Bay
- Cypress Inn Half Moon Bay