“Wow! What a treat. I learned so much and had a blast.”
Review of TBSP of LOVE

TBSP of LOVE
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: Hands Geared toward travelers looking for something to do in our area, someone who loves to be in the kitchen, anyone that likes to eat . Fresh and local cooking demos.
Reviewed June 15, 2017

When I arrived Ellen had appetizers and refreshments for us to enjoy and was by far the most organized chef I've encountered. My sister in law signed us up for Ellen's hands on cake making class (Ellen had just returned from Paris with new recipes). We ambitiously made four separate cakes in about 2 hours and took home a large tray of treats to share with family and friends. We made a Swiss Roll (would never have tried this on my own and received rave reviews today at my work), a special orange pound cake (recipe from Cordon Bleu Paris), a very moist lemon ricotta cake (my favorite) and a heavenly almond cake with roasted strawberries. I can't recommend Ellen's classes enough. She is passionate, patient, organized and explains the "why" for every step of the process.

Date of experience: June 2017
ChefEllie, Owner at TBSP of LOVE, responded to this reviewResponded June 17, 2017

It was so wonderful having you and the others in class! Thank you for the smiles and nice thoughts!

All reviews
"teacher"
"fun"
in 8 reviews

Reviewed March 26, 2017

For our family reunion in Half Moon Bay, I was looking for a different experience that all 8 adults (young and old) would enjoy. We had the best time at Ellie's as we cooked together in her beautiful kitchen. As we laughed and joked, everyone learned something new in the kitchen. Then we got to enjoy a fabulous gourmet dinner with the wine and party poppers that we brought. Ellie is fabulous at what she does and so welcoming. Her passion for teaching cooking really shows through.This was one of the hightlights of our trip that we would do again.

Date of experience: March 2017
ChefEllie, Owner at TBSP of LOVE, responded to this reviewResponded March 28, 2017

It was such a pleasure having your family join us! Thanks for celebrating and sharing in the laughter!

Ellie

Reviewed February 7, 2017

My company was having a offsite at the Ritz Carlton & were looking for a team building activity. We decided to do an "Iron Chef" competition at TBSP of Love. Ellie was amazing to work with in the planning & execution! She was able to accommodate different food requests with no issues. The participants in the class were at all different levels & she was able to guide & teach with a sense of humor! She has a wonderful home for this activity. The table was beautifully set when we arrived. Her kitchen is well laid out & fully equipped. It was a terrific evening of good food, drink & camaraderie made very special by Ellie! Would heartily recommend her cooking classes!

Date of experience: January 2017
ChefEllie, Owner at TBSP of LOVE, responded to this reviewResponded February 9, 2017

It was such a joy having your company spend the evening with Brianne and I. I wish the very best for you and your company as you move forward.!

Reviewed January 8, 2017 via mobile

I took the Souffle' class and had a wonderful time with my daughter Ellen's class was great I look forward to taking more classes.

Date of experience: December 2016
See more reviews
Reviewed December 28, 2016 via mobile

The hubby and I are always on the look out for new and local things to do for fun. Tonight we decided to try a cooking class. Ellen has created a fun way of learning new things to cook up in the kitchen. Tonight was appetizer night, and let me tell you, they were all delicious. Ellen sets up work stations and has you work in teams to create the menus to come to life. She has this set up perfectly. All instructions are out and she works with you to help guide you. She is super professional and so sweet. My husband is not familiar with anything in the kitchen. I had to stop and enjoy watching him cutting up lobster for a first time ever. He even said he had a great time on the car ride home. If you're looking for something new and exciting you must put this on your to do list. Going out can be crazy. This was the perfect thing to do as a date night. I can't wait to make these appetizers for some of my family and friends. Also I'm looking forward to signing up for more classes. Thank you so much.

Date of experience: December 2016
ChefEllie, Owner at TBSP of LOVE, responded to this reviewResponded December 30, 2016

It was indeed an exciting night! Thank you for joining us and I am sure your guests are going to love the treats for many years to come! Looking forward to seeing you in a class again.