All reviews fog horn within walking distance sitting area hotel lobby room service soaking tub el granada vaulted ceilings beautiful hotel large bathroom gas fireplace get away pillar point light sleeper coffee maker bottle of wine ocean view
Reviewed May 12, 2010

Well not really new, but only open a couple of years. This is a wonderfuly decorated, nicely laid out hotel. Staff was extremely friendly and helpful with local advice. Very nice spa with many facilities.
Advice. Book spa visits as soon as you check in or before. The spa is very new and not fully staffed all the time. Prices at the spa are more than reasonable for such a well done facility.
We had one of the large Oceano suites with a huge balconey faceing the harbor but alsow had an ocean view. The suite was huge and very well appointed. We checked out one of the regular rooms while we were thier. They are considerably less expensive but still very nice. When booking it would be best to discuss the views of individual rooms. All have some harbor or ocean views. Some are just better than others.
Previous poster commented on the fog horn from the harbor. It is indeed noticable at night. Wife is a very light sleeper and had a little trouble early the first night but got used to it and was fine. I liked it, added to the ambiance.

Date of stay: May 2010
1  Thank omotors
Reviewed May 11, 2010

Me and the wife stayed here for our 6th Anniversary. I have nothing but good to say about this hotel. I have stayed in numerous hotels and the night I had with my wife is by far the best I've ever had. We both agreed it was better than our honey moon!

I looked around the bay area for a special place to share "our" day together. After hearing from some friends about the Oceano I booked the weekend. While booking the stay over the phone, i asked for something special to really show how much I loved my wife on "our" night.

After arriving we were given our room key. We shortly got dressed and went to dinner. During dinner the conversation flowed and after a couple glasses of wine we went back to our hotel room. To our surprise when we came back to the hotel after dinner, we found a note on our door explaining that we were upgraded to a suite on the third floor. Better yet they even moved all of our stuff to the suite. When walking into the room we had a vaulted ceiling, 2 story room. There was rose petals all over the room creating a path to the bedroom and the spa, the lighting was perfectly dimmed. There was a bottle of wine waiting for us and the balcony door was open facing the ocean. The fireplace was on keeping the room warm and inviting. After drinking more wine, talking, jumping into the spa, etc... We fell asleep comfortably in each others arms on a bed to die for. We awoke with the smell of the ocean and a night we will never forget!

Thank you to everyone involved in making this a very memorable night!

Date of stay: March 2010
1  Thank timarnold000
Reviewed May 11, 2010

My husband and I were treated like royalty. Waking up in the morning drinking coffee on the patio - looking at the gorgeous ocean view. We assumed it was going to be foggy, but the weather was wonderful - breezy and chilly but sunny. The staff was friendly and helpful.

I did a little shopping in their mall, we had room service, lovely romantic evening.

I recommend this place to anyone who wants a wonderful and relaxing vacation.

Oh yeah... and my husband said that their health club is one of the BEST (well equipped, all functioning) spas he has ever been in! 5 Stars!

Date of stay: April 2010
1  Thank NirvooChick
Reviewed May 10, 2010

Wife and I spending sveral nights in Monterey/Carmel area, and stopped by Half Moon Bay for one night on our way down from SF. Zero complaints about Oceano. The hotel is fairly empty (monday night stay, low season), which may factor into our review. But we got a free upgrade to a full view upon our arrival without asking. The hotel is in the Half Moon Bay harbor and has some nearby restaurants, bars, brewpub, and a few shops. Downtown Half Moon Bay is about a 3 mile drive south. Parking is a breeze in a garage under the hotel at no additional charge. The rooms are very new and neat and up to date. You have a fireplace and sitting area with plasma tv above the mantle; the bed was extremely comfortable for my wife (7 months pregnant and me). Decent size fridge in room for putting your own stuff in. The rooms jut out from the hotel like peninsulas if you will, so each room appears to only share one wall with another room, with the older walls being exterior or hallway. Hotel was empty, but was perfectly quiet for us. There is a (high-pitched) fog-horn or something that goes off every 10 seconds all day and night, but I didn't even notice it until the morning when we woke up, and you could barely notice it with the balcony door closed. Some might even like it.

I would give it 5 stars if it was a Ritz Carlton or the like, but it's not. I put it on par with Hyatt resort, and will definitely stay again if ever in the area. You don't have some of the fine touches that a 5 star would have, but we didn't require. Would be very good for kids as well.

Date of stay: May 2010
Reviewed May 8, 2010

We recently returned from another great three days at the Oceano Hotel in Half Moon Bay, where our lodging experiences have always been outstanding. From the time we passed through the front doors into the spacious and beautifully decorated lobby, the friendly and efficient staff is right there to greet and serve you. We love this hotel for a number of reasons. The location is one of a kind, overlooking the Harbor in Half Moon Bay with the coastal range mountains as a backdrop. The rooms are spacious, beautifully decorated and look right out at the ocean and the harbor. Dinning choices are numerous, including the hotel and a number of resturants within walking distance. When ever we think of traveling to the Bay Area, the Oceano is our hotel of choice.

Date of stay: April 2010