“Newer lobby, ok rooms.”

Courtyard Los Angeles Hacienda Heights/Orange County
midwest
“Newer lobby, ok rooms.”
Reviewed October 1, 2012

The lobby was remodeled since the last time I was here a couple of years ago, and features the new Courtyard style entry and Bistro eatery. The lobby is warm and inviting. The rooms are average and a bit dated, but are comfortable. An improvement would be better quality bath towels. The TV was situated aside of the bed, which made watching TV a bit awkward. The workout room was small. There are plenty of restaurants within walking distance down the hill from the hotel. There is also a city park nearby. I have stayed here multiple times and find it a good choice in the area. The staff is generally attentive and friendly.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (23)
Pa
Reviewed August 24, 2012

Had another solid stay. The staff makes this place GREAT. The evening check in staff (2 males) are the BEST and should be the trainers for other Marriott locations. They both remember your name, and status level! They try and get you the room to your preferences!! (Away from street, larger size!)

This hotel is the only solid, chain hotel close to City of Industry. The rooms are quiet, and a typical "courtyard" experience.

Many "chain" restaurants are close-by for eating, but ask the great staff members at night for recommendations. The cat and cup (or something like that) is AWESOME, and is recommended by them. They have always sent me to a fine diner!

Also, 85C (bakery) is an experience that everyone should see. It is right next door to the hotel for CHEAP, GOOD morning food/drinks.

Will definately return when I am back in the area!

• Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
Shanghai, China
Reviewed July 28, 2012

I have stayed here before and had no issues, except this time, it was not the same. For starters, all elevators were not working, I can see it for one day, but not for three, it is a sign there are other problems with the hotel! In addition, the room I had reserved, when I checked in was told it was what I had requested, when I get to the room, no so. I tried to change it, but somehow, no more rooms like the one I reserved. I got switched to another room, climbing the stairs (elevators not working) to a different type room and not even a mention of some compensation for the problems.

Room Tip: When all is working, it is a nice place with a good location to stay, sadly not this time!
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
Los Angeles, California
Reviewed June 23, 2012

Timing: We had a two night stay here (Friday, Saturday).

Location: The hotel is nicely situated on a hill overlooking Hacienda Heights. The immediate surrounding is very quite, but you are only 1 block away from all the great Chinese restaurants that this area has to offer. I image most people staying here are to visit friends or family and not for 'tourist' reasons.

Service: The staff was very friendly and check-in took only a few moments. Every time I walked by the lobby, I was greeted. I never had to call regarding any issues, so I can't comment specifically.

Rooms: We had a single king room facing the pool, which was fine, but you could hear the kiddos playing in the pool area. The bed was very comfortable. The rooms were quiet either from lack of neighbors or thick walls, but I was appreciative either way. A large LCD TV with many digital TV channel also came with the room. There was also a small fridge hidden in the dresser.

Amenities: There was a gym with a few treadmills (with TVs) and some free weights. Nothing fancy, but enough to burn a few calories. A jacuzzi and pool were also on site, but I never used it. I also never used the lobby cafe/food bar, so I can't comment on that. Internet was free and plenty fast for email and video skyping.

Most other mid-tier hotels use horrible shampoo/conditioners (are you listening to me Holiday Inn), so the Paul Mitchell shampoo and conditioner was a nice touch.

Parking: free and plentiful.

Bottom line: I booked a pretty good deal on the hotel stay and that made the difference. There aren't that many hotels to choose from in this area, but I'm glad we stayed at this one. It's convenient, quite, and hassle free. I will likely stay again, assuming I can get a good price.

Room Tip: rooms facing the pool might be louder if it's during warming months, when people are swimming.
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank jephyboy1
Greenville, South Carolina
Reviewed June 22, 2012

I would recommend it to others. It's convenient to everything. There's a Starbucks in the lobby (which I love) and the Bistro actually has very tasty food. It's a little pricey, as would be expected, but worth it for the convenience. The Bistro staff are all super nice and do a very good job. There was one hotel desk staff employee that was not helpful, twice, but everyone else was very good. Housekeeping staff are also very nice & helpful.

Room Tip: Of course, after staying so many times, I now know exactly which room to get. The rooms are layed o...
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled on business
2 Thank Karen R
Reviewed May 10, 2012 via mobile

Rverything was good except 2 small issues. Attendant was unnaproachable and had a bit of attitude all staff seemed out of it really. Also, why does a room need to be checked before checkout? My cc info was on file, i paid with cc and still had to wait for a room check to checkout. A waste of time. To be treated fairly childish.

• Stayed December 2011
kbennet, General Manager at Courtyard Los Angeles Hacienda Heights/Orange County, responded to this review, May 15, 2012
Thank you very much for taking the time to comment on our hotel. We appreciate all types of feedback as it allows us to make adjustments and better serve our future guests. It is not typically our practice to inspect rooms upon check out so I will personally follow up with our front desk staff to see what the issue was in this particular case. I am sorry if this caused you any delay. If you’d like to discuss the matter further, please feel free to contact me directly. Warm Regards, Maritza Mejia, General Manager
Reviewed April 10, 2012 via mobile

Pretty typical Courtyard. The staff is very friendly and welcoming. Good location close to restaurants and an adjacent grocery store. Close to the 60 so easy to catch freeways to LA or Orange County locations. The rooms are okay....thought it was a little noisy as I could hear the people in the room next door talking and watching TV. Plenty of space in the guestrooms with the exception of the sink/closet/bathroom area. Can't have the bathroom door open and still access the closet so that is a pain, but overall a good property and I will consider staying here again on future trips.

Stayed April 2012
DoubleTree by Hilton Whittier Los Angeles
Vagabond Inn Hacienda Heights
Vagabond Inn Hacienda Heights
#3 of 3 in Hacienda Heights

Been to Courtyard Los Angeles Hacienda Heights/Orange County? Share your experiences!