“quite oasis in a busy neighborhood”

Courtyard Los Angeles Hacienda Heights/Orange County
Los Angeles, California
“quite oasis in a busy neighborhood”
Reviewed June 23, 2012

Timing: We had a two night stay here (Friday, Saturday).

Location: The hotel is nicely situated on a hill overlooking Hacienda Heights. The immediate surrounding is very quite, but you are only 1 block away from all the great Chinese restaurants that this area has to offer. I image most people staying here are to visit friends or family and not for 'tourist' reasons.

Service: The staff was very friendly and check-in took only a few moments. Every time I walked by the lobby, I was greeted. I never had to call regarding any issues, so I can't comment specifically.

Rooms: We had a single king room facing the pool, which was fine, but you could hear the kiddos playing in the pool area. The bed was very comfortable. The rooms were quiet either from lack of neighbors or thick walls, but I was appreciative either way. A large LCD TV with many digital TV channel also came with the room. There was also a small fridge hidden in the dresser.

Amenities: There was a gym with a few treadmills (with TVs) and some free weights. Nothing fancy, but enough to burn a few calories. A jacuzzi and pool were also on site, but I never used it. I also never used the lobby cafe/food bar, so I can't comment on that. Internet was free and plenty fast for email and video skyping.

Most other mid-tier hotels use horrible shampoo/conditioners (are you listening to me Holiday Inn), so the Paul Mitchell shampoo and conditioner was a nice touch.

Parking: free and plentiful.

Bottom line: I booked a pretty good deal on the hotel stay and that made the difference. There aren't that many hotels to choose from in this area, but I'm glad we stayed at this one. It's convenient, quite, and hassle free. I will likely stay again, assuming I can get a good price.

Room Tip: rooms facing the pool might be louder if it's during warming months, when people are swimming.
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank jephyboy1

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (23)
Greenville, South Carolina
Reviewed June 22, 2012

I would recommend it to others. It's convenient to everything. There's a Starbucks in the lobby (which I love) and the Bistro actually has very tasty food. It's a little pricey, as would be expected, but worth it for the convenience. The Bistro staff are all super nice and do a very good job. There was one hotel desk staff employee that was not helpful, twice, but everyone else was very good. Housekeeping staff are also very nice & helpful.

Room Tip: Of course, after staying so many times, I now know exactly which room to get. The rooms are layed o...
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled on business
2 Thank Karen R
Reviewed May 10, 2012 via mobile

Rverything was good except 2 small issues. Attendant was unnaproachable and had a bit of attitude all staff seemed out of it really. Also, why does a room need to be checked before checkout? My cc info was on file, i paid with cc and still had to wait for a room check to checkout. A waste of time. To be treated fairly childish.

• Stayed December 2011
kbennet, General Manager at Courtyard Los Angeles Hacienda Heights/Orange County, responded to this review, May 15, 2012
Thank you very much for taking the time to comment on our hotel. We appreciate all types of feedback as it allows us to make adjustments and better serve our future guests. It is not typically our practice to inspect rooms upon check out so I will personally follow up with our front desk staff to see what the issue was in this particular case. I am sorry if this caused you any delay. If you’d like to discuss the matter further, please feel free to contact me directly. Warm Regards, Maritza Mejia, General Manager
Reviewed April 10, 2012 via mobile

Pretty typical Courtyard. The staff is very friendly and welcoming. Good location close to restaurants and an adjacent grocery store. Close to the 60 so easy to catch freeways to LA or Orange County locations. The rooms are okay....thought it was a little noisy as I could hear the people in the room next door talking and watching TV. Plenty of space in the guestrooms with the exception of the sink/closet/bathroom area. Can't have the bathroom door open and still access the closet so that is a pain, but overall a good property and I will consider staying here again on future trips.

Stayed April 2012
Reviewed April 10, 2012 via mobile

My two kids and I used this hotel over night as we had missed our connecting flight home. We checked in at 1am. Room service was still available and we ordered hamburgers which were amazingly very good. My son said it was the best burger he has ever had. The other added bonus was check out was 12 mid day. So great for a sleep in as we all needed it. The hotel will look after your baggage up to 9pm. The hotel also provides a free shuttle leaving every 15 mins or 30mins to the airport 24/7. The room decor is not the best but it was very clean.
The front desk reception was not friendly but do conduct their task efficently however the guest service desk gentlemen are helpful and friendly. The day duty guest service attendee assisted us with options to fill in our day.
The attached diner was also handy for breakfast. Food was also very nice here.

Stayed April 2012
California City, California
Reviewed February 9, 2012

I don't care for this place at all.
The staff has an attitude -
Wearing their little uniforms they act like they think they are
better than everyone else.
The lobby leaves me cold. It isn't warm or welcoming at all.
There is some kind of weird fake grass growing on a table type thing.
Strange. This hotel does not know what they want to be. I'd suggest that
instead of trying to be modern they concentrate instead on making visitors
feel comfortable and at home.

Stayed January 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank Kathysays
Taipei, Taiwan
Reviewed November 25, 2011

The new lobby looks wonderful with nice dining space, but the rooms are still worn with acceptable cleanness. Poor sound proof between rooms, I can easily hear the conversations from next door neighbors. If you have heavy luggage, don't forget to ask for a room in the first floor, because there is no elevator in this hotel. Staffs are friendly. There are several restaurants and shops behind the hotel, within 3 minutes walking distance.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled solo
Ayres Suites Diamond Bar
#1 of 3 in Diamond Bar
Embassy Suites by Hilton Brea - North Orange County
Quality Inn & Suites Walnut

Been to Courtyard Los Angeles Hacienda Heights/Orange County? Share your experiences!