“Good Family Hotel”

Courtyard Los Angeles Hacienda Heights/Orange County
Reviewed October 11, 2011

Bottom Line: Good, clean hotel and worked for my family. Needs improvement with noise issues. Will stay again.

I wish I could have given this hotel a 4.5 stars. I had to take off points for the noise issues: dated A/C unit and thin walls (see the "Cons" section). We did end up with a room with a balcony facing the pool and really liked the balcony!

Pros:
Starting with the positive.
1. LOVE the lobby. Not only is it new, clean, and hip, it was great area for families. My husband and I were traveling with our 16 months-old son, who has more energy than both of us combined! Since we were coming from the East Coast, our son was awake at 4am every morning. We didn't want to wake all of our hotel neighbors so instead of letting him run around and be loud in our room, we brought him to the lobby area. There are lots of areas to sit and snack. There's also a "family room nook" with a TV and sofa.

2. Staff. We loved the staff. Even with my crazy baby running around their lobby at 4am, they were friendly and helpful. We were trying to feed our son (a messy operation) while they were setting up for breakfast. The nice lady brought over some plates and utensils. They weren't open yet, but she served us cereal and bananas. Couldn't have asked more of the hotel staff. Truly wonderful people.

3. Location. Lots of shops around. We loved that it was right by a grocery store!

4. Pool area. Clean and had a nice outdoor seating area.

Cons: Noise Issues (I should note that I'm highly sensitive to noise, so I travel with ear plugs...)
1. A/C unit. The A/C unit in our room was super loud. There isn't really a thermostat on the unit, so the fan was blowing all the time and loudly. Temperature control was difficult as well.

2. Thin Walls. It's expected to hear some door slamming in hotels. I expect that and wear earplugs to sleep. We can hear our next door neighbors conversations, even over the loud A/C. They must have been with a tour group that came through because they kept going in and out of their room and then another door across the hall would slam at the same time. I can tell that they weren't trying to be loud so I didn't call or complain - so can't blame the hotel for that. But something to be aware of if you're a light sleeper like me. The baby slept through it, thank goodness!

Overall, this is a good, convenient hotel. Will stay again.

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled with family

Reviewed October 8, 2011

My hubby & I stayed here one night to visit family who live in the area. The hotel recently went through a renovation and looks great!! Hotel rooms were nice and clean. Mattress was comfortable in our room, but pillows were not. The staff is nice and friendly and very helpful. Breakfast wasn't great tasting, not awful, but could be a whole lot better tasting. Pool area was clean and well maintained. Nice business center and dining area. The biggest complaint was how thin the walls were. We could hear people talking in the next room and in the interior corridor.

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed July 19, 2011

I had to stayed there before, and it was good. I was pleasantly surprised when I walked through the sliding door. The entire lobby, restaurant, business center was renovated. I must add it was like walking into a trendy cafe/lounge yet it was cozy. The front desk guy recognized me from the last time I stayed there over 6 mo. previous and welcomed me back "Home". Very classy place. Can't beat it for the price.

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled on business
2  Thank RosemeadTripin
Reviewed June 6, 2011

Decent hotel for the price, not very good customer service. Clean rooms. Had to call the front desk/ housekeeping twice to get extra tissue papers. Beds were not that comfortable, the sheets felt old.

• Stayed: May 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed May 19, 2011

We stayed for two nights to attend a training seminar. The girl that checked us in was courteous and professional but did not offer too much information. I had to keep asking questions to get answers. For guest service, I did not observe anything that would deserve top ratings but it was not poor service either. The girl that checked us out was a little friendlier.

The property was clean and maintained well. The parking lot is a bit dark but I did not see anyone unusual or characters that may cause concern. Most parking spaces are within views of the bedroom window. Exterior doors to the building are secured and are only access with hotel key cards.

We stayed in a double queen. The bedroom was spacious and clean. The bed was super comfortable. Everything works like it supposed to so we don't really have any complaints. We both agreed it was a good stay and it was really comfortable. I would most likely stay here again if I am in the area.

In addition, the continental breakfast included hot waffles.

• Stayed: May 2011, traveled on business
3  Thank ObjectiveUnknown
Reviewed March 12, 2011

This Courtyard is suffering from the economic turn-down and not keeping up with the needs of business traveler. More customers are bringing more wifi devices and their system cannot keep up. Management was aware of the problem, but allowed the internet issue to flounder for at least a week before my visit. They don't understand how important wifi is to the business traveler. The rooms were clean and comfortable, though the business out the back door made loud banging noises in the middle of the night. Breakfast service was poor, repeatedly running out of utensils and not being prompt with the ticket even after being asked to bring it.

• Stayed: February 2011, traveled on business
1  Thank Millersville
Reviewed June 1, 2010

We were satisfied with most aspects of our stay. Pretty quiet, affordable, good location with restaurants and stores nearby. The room was good sized, clean, and everything was in good working order. Desk staff was friendly. The food at the breakfast buffet was adequate but not great and the hostess was friendly. However, 2 of 3 mornings there the breakfast area looked like a disaster. There would be maybe 3 tables containing people eating and 20 tables piled with plates, etc that had not been cleared off. We could not find a clean table and chose the least dirty. There was no table clearing the entire time we ate despite presence of smiling hostess. After the first morning we opted for muffins and juice from the local grocery store eaten in our room.

• Stayed: May 2010, traveled with family
Ayres Suites Diamond Bar
#1 of 3 in Diamond Bar
Embassy Suites by Hilton Brea - North Orange County
Hilton Los Angeles/San Gabriel

Been to Courtyard Los Angeles Hacienda Heights/Orange County? Share your experiences!