Bottom Line: Good, clean hotel and worked for my family. Needs improvement with noise issues. Will stay again.
I wish I could have given this hotel a 4.5 stars. I had to take off points for the noise issues: dated A/C unit and thin walls (see the "Cons" section). We did end up with a room with a balcony facing the pool and really liked the balcony!
Starting with the positive.
1. LOVE the lobby. Not only is it new, clean, and hip, it was great area for families. My husband and I were traveling with our 16 months-old son, who has more energy than both of us combined! Since we were coming from the East Coast, our son was awake at 4am every morning. We didn't want to wake all of our hotel neighbors so instead of letting him run around and be loud in our room, we brought him to the lobby area. There are lots of areas to sit and snack. There's also a "family room nook" with a TV and sofa.
2. Staff. We loved the staff. Even with my crazy baby running around their lobby at 4am, they were friendly and helpful. We were trying to feed our son (a messy operation) while they were setting up for breakfast. The nice lady brought over some plates and utensils. They weren't open yet, but she served us cereal and bananas. Couldn't have asked more of the hotel staff. Truly wonderful people.
3. Location. Lots of shops around. We loved that it was right by a grocery store!
4. Pool area. Clean and had a nice outdoor seating area.
Cons: Noise Issues (I should note that I'm highly sensitive to noise, so I travel with ear plugs...)
1. A/C unit. The A/C unit in our room was super loud. There isn't really a thermostat on the unit, so the fan was blowing all the time and loudly. Temperature control was difficult as well.
2. Thin Walls. It's expected to hear some door slamming in hotels. I expect that and wear earplugs to sleep. We can hear our next door neighbors conversations, even over the loud A/C. They must have been with a tour group that came through because they kept going in and out of their room and then another door across the hall would slam at the same time. I can tell that they weren't trying to be loud so I didn't call or complain - so can't blame the hotel for that. But something to be aware of if you're a light sleeper like me. The baby slept through it, thank goodness!
Overall, this is a good, convenient hotel. Will stay again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Courtyard Los Angeles Hacienda Heights/Orange County is conveniently located near the City of Industry, La Puente and Whittier, California. Our Hacienda Heights hotel features a state-of-the-art lobby with flexible, inviting work spaces and a GoBoard® digital information center where users can check news, weather and airport conditions. Also in our lobby is The Bistro - Eat. Drink. Connect.®, an American restaurant serving healthy and delicious breakfast and dinner options as well as Starbucks® beverages and evening cocktails. Guest rooms at our Courtyard hotel in Hacienda Heights feature comfortable beds, spacious work desks, ergonomic work chairs and complimentary high-speed wireless Internet. Each of our rooms also includes a mini-refrigerator and television with CNN, HBO and ESPN. During downtime, guests can relax in our outdoor pool or enjoy a brisk workout in our well-equipped fitness center. Book your stay at our convenient Marriott Hacienda Heights hotel today! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Marriott, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Priceline, Expedia, Travelocity, Orbitz, Hotwire, Cancelon, Cheap Tickets, TripOnline SA and HotelQuickly so you can book your Courtyard Los Angeles Hacienda Heights/Orange County reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Courtyard Los Angeles Hacienda Heights/Orange County Hotel Hacienda Heights
- Courtyard Hacienda Heights
- Hacienda Heights Marriott
- Hacienda Heights Courtyard