See what travelers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed August 13, 2018 via mobile

We had a family wedding here so we rented the whole resort for the weekend. Some of us camped since we had the campground too. The outdoor wedding went well and the staff was moderately helpful. Also, the surroundings are beautiful.

I don't think we will camp there again however. The resort is showing it's age. The restrooms/showers are very funky and not very clean. The "clubhouse" was an absolute joke with a couple of miniature refrigerators and lots of dirt everywhere. The lawns are not well kept so there was plenty of dust. And the trash cans were overflowing the entire time we were there.

Date of stay: August 2018
Trip type: Traveled with family
3  Thank 1Truckee
Reviewed July 27, 2018 via mobile

I have mixed feelings about this place. It's pretty. We chose a shady spot, according to the map online. A nice grove of Redwoods around us. Some flowers all around. Very pretty.

The spots are very close together. Luckily, the spots on each side of us were not booked, otherwise, it would have been very close quarters. There is a road right behind our spot. So you hear cars all day and night. It slowed during the night. But we heard very loud cars that woke us several times.

There are also people yelling all hours of the night, No fault to Parkers resort. I don't think it was coming from anywhere on their property. There are a few bridges close by, and I'm sure homeless and crackheads hang out there. Just annoying.

The thing that bothered me most, was no beach access. You have 2 options. One water access, you walk down some steep stairs, into someone's private boat ramp? And you're right where the dam is, and you have to get in the water COVERED in algae. Super gross! Or, the other option, walk through someones camp, and jump off a cliff. lol. We waded through the algae.

There was a 2 night minimum, so we paid for 2 nights, knowing we would be staying one. Which was fine. The bathrooms are pretty clean. There are 4. 2 with both a shower and toilet. 1 with just a Shower, and 1 with just a toilet. They don't charge to use the shower! That's nice of them.

One guy working was looking at the tree by us. He them tells us a swarm of yellow jackets live in there, so don't touch it. Yeah, that had us on edge all day! ( When we got home the next day, we opened a box we had with us, and we had a stow away. A wasp!)

While it wasn't awful, (we made the best of it) I think we will try somewhere else next time.

Date of stay: July 2018
Trip type: Traveled as a couple
1  Thank healonwifey
Reviewed September 8, 2017 via mobile

My daughter wanted someplace "woodsy" for her wedding and after reading about Parker's Resort she thought it might be just what she was looking for. As soon as we drove in to Parker's her and her fiancé knew it was THE PLACE! Then once we met the managers Kelly and Mikel who were so wonderful we all fell even more in love with it.
My daughters wedding was in October which is usually a very nice time of year there but unfortunately for the first time in years it rained almost the whole weekend of her wedding. We ended up having to rent a large wedding tent and with the help of Kelly and Mikel my daughter was still able to have the beautiful wedding she dreamed of.
Even though it rained we still had many guests who camped at Parker's for the weekend and all of them enjoyed the beauty of the space and the facilities available to them.
I highly recommend Parker's whether you're looking for somewhere to camp or somewhere to hold a large event in a beautiful space.

Date of stay: October 2016
Trip type: Traveled with family
2  Thank Natalie J
Reviewed August 11, 2016

If I could give negative stars to this place, I would. The man and woman who run the campground appeared intoxicated from the moment we checked in. She was openly drinking wine and slurring. I should have known we were in for trouble, but figured as long as we were respectful campers, we should be fine. I was definitely wrong. We had a reservation to check in Friday and check out Monday morning. Everything was fine until Sunday. We left the campground at 2:00 PM to enjoy the day. When we returned that evening, it was dark and they had rented our campsite to another group. They pulled up our tent went through our belongings and put everything in the street. When confronted, they lied and said they had been looking for us all day to tell us they needed our site for a large group. We'd been camping there all week and had been at the campsite that day until mid afternoon. More importantly, we had a reservation through Monday. Nobody said one word to either of us about anything to do with our campsite. She had clearly overbooked the site and was lying to cover her mistake. To make matters worse, they both smelled like alcohol again. I was extremely angry. They got belligerent and threatened to call the sheriff. I encouraged them to call the sheriff because I had proof of my reservation. The sheriff looked at my reservation and agreed that the camp hosts had no right to go through our belongings and move us. The female "Kelley" said they have a policy stating they can move a campers belongings at any time for any reason. The sheriff asked to see the policy in writing. She went in the office, crashed around for a bit, but was unable to produce the policy (which clearly does not exist because such a policy would be ludicrous and illegal). By now it's 10:30 PM and pitch black outside. The Sheriff apologized to me and said that even though it's obvious they overbooked our campsite, we really only had two choices, drag all our belongings to another site, or pack up and leave. We ended up packing in the dark and driving home. As we were leaving, they screamed profanity at us. The next day when pulling everything out of the car, we discovered that they ripped our tent when pulling it up, we are missing tent stakes and the rain fly is gone. In addition, an expensive fitness tracker watch is missing. I can't say if they pocketed it when they went through our belongings or if it was lost when we were packing up in the dark. Needless to say, I've contacted my attorney. There needs to be some consequences for this establishment. NEVER EVER STAY AT PARKERS RESORT CAMPGROUND. IN GUERNEVILLE CA

Date of stay: August 2016
  • Trip type: Traveled with friends
13  Thank carey c
Reviewed July 10, 2016 via mobile

I love this campsite. This is our second, consecutive year coming here and I want to keep it up. The campground is expansive, with lots of green area. It's an easy walk to the river. The bathroom and shower facilities are clean and organized. They hosts are really helpful and nice, on Saturdays they usually serve coffee and donuts which was a pleasant surprise. Our dogs love it here since there is so many areas to run around and there is plenty of poop bag dispensers too. The town of Guerneville is about a 15 minute walk over the river, you could swim there in 5 minutes. The town and this campground is very gay friendly and often host gay groups, during Lazy Bear and 4th of July, which just makes the whole experience SO MUCH FUN!!!! See you next year.

Date of stay: July 2016