“SUPERB COCKTAILS + SNACKS”
Review of El Barrio

El Barrio
Ranked #18 of 47 Restaurants in Guerneville
Reviewed June 21, 2017

We stopped into El Barrio for a light dinner and cocktails on a Saturday evening in June. Pleasantly surprised to grab seats at the bar, and enjoyed one of the best cocktails ever - the LA PATRONA! Also enjoyed "Tres Amigos" chips - a sampling of three excellent house salsas. Don't miss the amazing quest fundido, served with warmed tortillas. Highly recommend this very charming bar. My only regret is I can't recall the name of our very nice bartender - he's new to Guerneville (moved from Oakland recently), and a true pro. I've rarely enjoyed a cocktail that good, and for an exceptionally reasonable price. Wish it was closer to where we live!

Date of visit: June 2017

Reviewed May 22, 2017

We had some drinks here before eating at affiliated restaurant Seaside Metal. Drinks were delicious and vibe was fun for a group of friends. Recommend stopping in when you're in Guerneville!

Date of visit: May 2017
Reviewed May 1, 2017

We came to El Barrio because of a wait at boon eat+drink but almost stayed there instead! They had a fantastic group of hard working ladies behind the bar and running the floor. We each had a couple cocktails which were perfectly made with fresh ingredients and above the line spirits, as well as an order of deviled eggs. PSA. GET THE DEVILED EGGS!! Wow. If you like deviled eggs, you absolutely MUST get them. Just trust me... wow. They had several other small plates that almost sold us to stay but they did not offer any larger meals and we were pretty hungry. If we find ourselves in Guerneville again we will be sure to return!

Date of visit: April 2017
Reviewed December 6, 2016

In Guerneville for the weekend and El Barrio was one of the many places I read about and knew we had to check out when in town. It opens at 3pm on Saturdays, as any respectable cocktail establishment should. We stopped in about 5pm, we were greeted by low candle lights and a pretty awesome decor. Kristen was our bartender and gave us menus to check out. So this is typically a Tequila and Mescal establishment, but for you non agave lovers, they have a fine selection of whiskey's, rye's and many other delights. I had a Rye Cocktail with Turmeric and some other spices, it was so good. The hubby had a nice Japanese whiskey and a Modelo on tap. They have a few selections for apps, one of which was Queso de cabra made by the wonderful Alexis which also came with the best chips I have had in a long time. This app was so easy but so good and came warm which was great since we had been in the rain all day. We also met Hannah who was so great to chat with and made a mean Kentucky Mule. The decor is awesome and the bathroom even had a hand painted in Mexico toilet. Everything was so well thought out here and the staff is so friendly. I wish El Barrio was in my town because I would be there all the time.

Date of visit: November 2016
Reviewed August 22, 2016

I've stopped in at El Barrio a few times now, and it could easily become a favorite. I especially like that it has large open windows to Guerneville's Main Street. It's not dark like so many bars. The sarape seat cushions add a colorful Latino ambiance. Whether it's Margarita Monday or Thirsty Thursday, a cocktail or beer from their extensive drink menu makes for an enjoyable respite. Chips and salsa are good too!

Date of visit: August 2016