“Highly recommended!”

Sonoma Orchid Inn
Ranked #5 of 12 Guerneville B&B and Inns
GreenLeadersGold level
Reviewed April 27, 2014

We had a great one-night stay at the Inn. We were warmly greeted by Dana upon arrival and given fantastic winery and restaurant recommendations. The tree-lined surroundings and outdoor jacuzzi make for a peaceful and relaxing retreat. The Wisteria Room is small but fine even for a couple for a short stay, especially because you can hang out in the warm and spacious family room upstairs. Breakfast was delicious, served at a common table with other guests. We would highly recommend this B&B.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled as a couple

Reviewed April 16, 2014

Friends and I have stayed at the Sonoma Orchid Inn several times for Vineman and we love it! Great food, nice people, friendly and accommodating services, beautiful surroundings, next to Korbel winery (champagne-who could ask for more!). You can ride right to the start a few short miles as a race warm-up and avoid "nervous Ned" pre-race am travelers and traffic. Stay there for Vineman, Barb's or for peace and joy!!! Pam

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed April 15, 2014

I stayed with my daughter and met my cousins and friends at this lovely Orchard Inn (B&B)
the setting is so beautiful with lots of plants and trees all around the property. We felt it was our
home for a couple of days. The living room with fireplace and beautiful furnishings was so
inviting. Guest kitchen with frig stocked with bottled water, micowave, bowl of fruit and always
yummy cookies. The daily breakfasts were delicous and a nice way to start the day. We were there for the Food and wine festival last Nov and it was wonderful, and after a long an busy day winetasing and noshing, we looked forward to returning to the Inn and having time to
visit with our friends before turning In. After all winetasing and noshing all day really makes one tired. We looked forward to going to bed because our bed and bedding was so fabulous
and comfortable, didn't want to get out of bed in the morning.. Our room the Maple room
was charming and nicely furnished very rustic and authenic feeling we just loved it.

I truly recommend this lovely little place. If you are looking for 5 stars brass and glass keep
looking, but if you want charm, rustic and beautiful setting with the most friendly and gracious
hosts, Brian & Dana then this is the place for you. A lot more good things to say, but not enough room. Go stay and see for yourself.

Brian & Dana our hosts were so accommodating and friendly, felt like family.
Can't wait to return. The rate is very reasonable compared to the others in the wine area and
Very good location. Jo Tuzz (Torrance, Ca)

Room Tip: I only saw the Maple Room where we stayed and enjoyed it. I don't think any of the rooms are re...
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed April 6, 2014

Dana thoughtfully and expertly created two wonderful breakfasts during our two-night stay: a breakfast bread pudding and an asaparagus-gruyere quiche. Both were fantastic! He also made truly delicious cookies that were out for the guests to have at any time. Brian was proactive and lovely about trying to help us plan our weekend, offering menus and advice about restaurants. Finally, the bedsheets were exceptionally cozy and we slept very well. We would love to return here!

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled as a couple
Reviewed April 3, 2014

Wonderful place for our annual knitting retreat. Brian and Dana could not be more accommodating. The breakfasts were delicious and decadent. The guest kitchen was convenient for me as I'm an early riser and I could make coffee for myself before the sun came up. I stayed in the Madrone room which is large and comfortable. I love the king size bed with the fabulous sheets. Could not be more comfortable.
I really do hope to return with my husband so he can enjoy this great spot.

Room Tip: I've oly stayed in the Madrone which is separate from the main house. It is quiet and comfortab...
Reviewed April 1, 2014

Stayed for a weekend knitting retreat with 17 friends. The Inn was very nicely appointed and comfortable. We stayed in the Oak room and it was very clean and had plenty of room to relax. It was really a plus that they have a guest kitchen with a refrigerator, microwave and coffee maker. There are dishes, silverware and glassware for guest use. They took into consideration my dietary restrictions for the delicious breakfasts that were served. Very nice grounds, if the weather was better it would be lovely to sit outside on the patio. The hot tub was great after a long day. Dana and Brian were great hosts and I will be returning to the Sonoma Orchid Inn.

Reviewed March 30, 2014

My plan was to come on Friday and knit with my friends until Sunday. Brian and Dana made us all so comfortable. There were 17 of us and we didn't feel cramped at all. It gave me a great feeling of camaraderie with my fellow knitters.

My room, the Oak room, was very comfortable. When I needed a break I'd come up to my room sit on the couch and read a little or watch some TV. There was heat, air conditioning and a ceiling fan depending on if I was having a hot flash or not. ;) The bed was so comfortable right down to the very soft sheets. As for traffic noise it didn't keep me awake and I'm a light sleeper.

Some have commented on this place being an old home. That's exactly what it is a home not a stuffy impersonal hotel. The house is clean and decorated like you were visiting family. We were treated like family. Delicious home cooked breakfasts where dietary issues were paid attention too. They didn't hover and let us do our thing letting us know they were there if we needed anything.

I took a walk around the grounds to stretch my legs and saw where the fresh eggs were coming from. I sat in the hot tub when my knitting muscles needed a rest. There was a guest kitchen set up with a refrigerator for our snacks and wine. Equipped with pretty much anything you needed to enjoy your snacks and wine like dishes, glasses, utensils and wine bottle openers.

All this in a beautiful setting. There are trees growing all around the house. The big windows on the house allowed us to enjoy watching the birds in the big green trees. Humming bird feeders allowed for excellent hummingbird watching. And every now and then we'd get glimpse of the resident cats and dogs. So adorable and trained not to enter the house and pester the guests.

I look forward to my next stay.

Room Tip: Because I was there with friends I got to peek into pretty much every room there and they are all go...
  • Stayed: March 2014, traveled with friends
Also consider these accommodations in or near Guerneville
Farmhouse Inn
Santa Nella House Bed and Breakfast
West Sonoma Inn & Spa
West Sonoma Inn & Spa
#10 of 12 in Guerneville

Been to Sonoma Orchid Inn? Share your experiences!